The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Takes close to an hour to fully drain oil pan properly especially if you get front higher than back. These newfangled filters are a PIA IMHO.
2. After 2 seasons I pulled back Radium cover to inspect air filter and its VERY clean. For all the bad mouthing of the Radium product it is bullet proof solid. Not acting like the vacuum cleaner the Elise intake had!! BTW my intake is clean as well. Not a speck of buildup.
Bled Clutch after a year with Super Blue and its clean as a whistle unlike the cooked base level fluid last year. No insulated hoses necessary. Mandatory mod on these cars is removing stock fluid and using Motul or ATE Super Blue. Helps to have a keeper wifey that excels at this stuff!!
3. Retorque all suspension components if its seen track service!!!!!:evil: Surprised at areas needing a little tweek!!
4. Rest of fluids look QUITE good so I'll do tranny, coolant etc next year.

Tomorrow she gets Mother's 1,2 and a coat of Collinite . Wheels get a coat of Collinite as well Then leather gets rejuvenated and cleaned then its sleepy time. Already has Stabil added and tires pumped up to ~44-45 psi. Cover and insurance has been off since 12/1 except for Comp! God hate this ONE aspect of winter!!!

Next year I get airbag cover fixed, thermostat for climate control replaced. Mod will be lightweight battery and maybe some bushings unless I find a sweetheart deal on an "S". My biggest problem with getting an "S" is there is no substitute for Persian Blue. Since day 1 I have had literaaly EVERYONE that seees car say it the most beautiful color they've ever seen on ANY car. No **** here!!!:drool:

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
Somehow it is humorous to hear a strong Persian blue endorsement, from someone called BRGelise ;)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Abe's dealership had a Persia Blue 2011. I'm just not sure what happened what happened to them.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
i thought it was coming back for 2014 but not sure

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Next year I get airbag cover fixed, thermostat for climate control replaced. Mod will be lightweight battery and maybe some bushings unless I find a sweetheart deal on an "S". My biggest problem with getting an "S" is there is no substitute for Persian Blue. Since day 1 I have had literally EVERYONE that sees car say it the most beautiful color they've ever seen on ANY car. No **** here!!!:drool:
;)

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
RIP Super Blue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts