The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Depends heavily on what the issue is. They can probalby provide an emergency fix if it is an engine / gearbox-issue. But, certainly nothing warranty related, nor can the get parts from Lotus.

·
Illegal Alien
5,357 Posts
I doubt Toyota dealer would touch it. While most of long block is the same, believe lotus modifications some engine mounts, the ECU is totally Lotus and Toyota never mated that engine and transmission together, Lotus built a custom adapter plate. Other differences, packaging, toyo would flip at access, they are used to looking at the front bank not rear. Even oil change.. all toyo stuff is hidden by dozens of bolts to hold differ and undersheild.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I'm not sure outside the U.S., but in the U.S., it's very unlikely due to liability issues or even business issues.

Even my former Lotus dealer is very reluctant to do Lotus work and I'm referring to just installing my cold air intake and even service. According to them, they want to focus on servicing their existing business lines. I don't really understand that. If your (former) Lotus tech is idle, why not use him.

Your best bet is to find an independent Lotus mechanic for non-warranty issues.

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
Welcome to LT :wave:

I'm guessing you mean Aberdeen, Scotland :)

This is a primarily US based site so not much info on UK issues. I would advise you to join SELOC | Lotus Enthusiasts Club - that is the UK version of LotusTalk and will certainly be more use in answering your question :)
There is an Aberdeen, MD about 35 minutes northeast of Baltimore just off I95. Used to have some really good autocrossing at Cal Ripken Stadium there.

If that is where the OP is, like everyone else said Toyota dealer won't touch the car for warranty work, even on the engine/gearbox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts