The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the latitude and longitude (prefer decimal format) for the start/finish at PIR and/or PR? Also, heading?

I'm setting up my new Traqmate and I can't seem to locate this info anywhere.

Any help appreciated!
LP

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Anyone have the latitude and longitude (prefer decimal format) for the start/finish at PIR and/or PR? Also, heading?

I'm setting up my new Traqmate and I can't seem to locate this info anywhere.

Any help appreciated!
LP
Im sure you know this, but just in case you don't. On your first lap all you have to do is hit the start button at the start finish line and it will record the coordinates for you.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
It does make a difference which direction you are going though. At least on mine, I forgot to reverse it after we ran a parade lap the other direction and it never picked up my laps on the next session.

Switching tracks while driving on the traqmate made it interesting to say the least. One click per straight. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will keep that in mind, thanks. I'm going to practice on my "local street track" this weekend to make sure it is all working.

Cheers,
LP

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah, when setting up a new track on the traqmate, be sure you hit the start button at the start/finish the first time by (on a warmup lap or something) and that you are on the racing line you will be using while running.

On subsequent runs, you just need to hit the start button and then it looks for the coordinates of the start/finish and starts automatically.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
You don't need to be on the line you will be using. Anywhere along start/finish works.

If you mount your traqmate display within easy reach (mine is suction cupped to the windshield over the left ac vent) you just hit the start button after you start recording. It will prompt you.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FYI: There is a thread in the Traqmate forum for sharing Lat/Lon coordinates for S/F of quite a few tracks in case anyone is interested:

Traqmate.com Support Forum :: View Forum - Start / Finish Coordinates

PIR and PR aren't provided yet, so I will share those once I acquire them at the track. Plus, you can use the file from someone elses traqmate session to set yours if you want the coordinates prior to running.

Cheers,
LP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts