The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a member in LA that would be willing to check out a Series 2 Seven for me. I live in Tennessee. Car is located at Beverly Hills Car Club. Thanks in advance. Don

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
From the pics:
not a lot of original details, incorrect tail lights no original gauges or wheels
Does have a pre crossflow, and appears to be an original or older skin.
Non lotus tag on scuttle
In other words it appears to be a real Lotus Seven
Probably cosworth intake manifolds[the rear one has the mount for the throttle linkage, although linkage is missing] non handed carbs[as original]
pretty unsympathetic restoration, focus on making the top shiny. I mean, half an hour with scotchbrite on the underside to get rid of the overspray.
It does not appear to have been disassembled for inspection, so many things are suspect

You need to get the unit number and write to John Watson to get the information on it. If the carbs are original get the numbers as he will want them

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the pics:
not a lot of original details, incorrect tail lights no original gauges or wheels
Non lotus tag on scuttle
Probably cosworth intake manifolds[the rear one has the mount for the throttle linkage, although linkage is missing] non handed carbs[as original]
pretty unsympathetic restoration, focus on making the top shiny. I mean, half an hour with scotchbrite on the underside to get rid of the overspray.
It does not appear to have been disassembled for inspection, so many things are suspect

You need to get the unit number and write to John Watson to get the information on it. If the carbs are original get the numbers as he will want them
Thanks for the suggestions. Will be interesting to see where the bidding goes. Haven't decided whether to jump in or not. Complete lack of documentation is a little disconcerting also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the pics:
Non lotus tag on scuttle

Thanks for the suggestions. Will be interesting to see where the bidding goes. Haven't decided whether to jump in or not. Complete lack of documentation is a little disconcerting also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts