The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if any others are experiencing the problems with their cars like I am, but I am getting very annoyed. I would assume these things are covered by my warranty, but my issues are as followed:

Mainly, my passenger side window is not completely raising. What I mean by this is that it is fully raising, it is just not meeting the seal on my hardtop by half a millimeter or more. I noticed this the first time I washed my car. Now I can hear the wind noise from the passenger side. Hopefully my window gears just need adjusting.

Secondly, the switch that controls the blinkers and high beams is messing up. Sometimes the blinker sticks while turning left. As it pops back into place, it doesnt fully make it to the off position. Also with that switch, if I turn my high beams on (or especially flash the lights) the right high beam stays on. Yesterday it stuck after I even parked and turned off the car. After about a minute it finally went off.

Thirdly, some of the foamy sealer which is under the plastic pannels over the door sill is hanging down on my passenger side. (minor issue)

But what is really getting on my nerves now, is the fact that when shifting into second gear, my car is being VERY jumpy. Today is the first time this happened, but it happened every time I shifted into second from first. Every other gear seems flawless and smoothe.

I know this is a handmade car, and I should expect some flaws or bugs that need to be worked out, but doesn't this seem to be a bit excessive? I tried to get in touch with Curt at Ascot yesterday about these issues, but he was too busy. I should probably talk to Ascot before I take my car to have it fixed at LOA (because I bought it from them). Have any of you had the same or similar problems as these?

-Whit

·
Registered
538 Posts
I haven't had any of those problems, but if I were in your shoes I'd be calling my salesman telling him he needed to get me in to have someone look at the car and address the issues ASAP if you're not getting anywhere with service. How long have you had the car?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
the first 2 i am betting are due to things being a little too tight in the assembly of the switch. the foam stuff you refer too i assume is the double sided tape that anchors the rear end of the plastic cover. i would remove the screw that holds it on, lift the plastic and reseat everything (if i understaned what you're describing). on the shifting issue what do you mean about being jumpy?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jumpy isnt the right word. The car jerks. When the car engages in second, it feels like i have reved the engine too high and dropped off the clutch too quickly - so the car jerks a little. However, I am shifting smoothly at about 3.5 to 4 rpms. Doing the same in every other gear is as slick as ice. I dont know why it is doing this. I will take it for a spin and see if i can put my finger on it.

edit: Oh and yes, it is that double sided tape. That really is no big deal.

-Whit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts