The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

SGV Sunday Meets. Check in here!

5K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  mattjk 
#1 · (Edited)
****So first drive will be the 22nd.

I think Main Street Glendora will be the best meeting place, good parking and food, from there we can drive up Azusa Canyon, to the East Fork to GMR.****

Would like to get something going for Lotus owners in the SGV and surrounding areas.

I have been driving up the San Gabriel Canyons every weekend. Nice pleasant drive with zero police... I always see bunches of groups driving up there.

Great Breakfast locations in the area, such as Flappy Jacks and Main Street Glendora.

Thanks!

Where we Start: Azusa to Mt. Baldy, via San Gabriel Canyon and Glendora Mountain Road

What we drive: Lotus' and other light weight sports cars.

What to see: East Fork of the San Gabriel River; San Gabriel Canyon OHV Area; Crystal Lake

Where to eat: Camp WIlliams Resort Cafe, 24210 E. Fork Road, (626) 910-1126, open Friday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Mt. Baldy Lodge, 6777 Mt. Baldy Road; (909) 982-1115, open Monday to Friday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to midnight, Flappy Jacks (Great food but usually a 45min Wait for breakfast)

Total drive distance: 60 to 80 miles, Total driving and dining time: 2-3 hours

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car

See less See more
#8 ·
I'm pretty sure can make it. Let us know the time.

Also, not to hijack, but if you guys interested in more meetings, more time to hang out, more consistent meetings like og LA Thursday dinner, I suggest to join the Lotus Club of So Cal (small membership fee). They have monthly meet here. I think it's great addition to meet/drive and enjoy the car that we love and put them to good use. On facebook search Lotus Club Of Southern California and just join and get updates for free. Best yet, they host super fun Lotus only track event that you completely don't want to missed!

#10 ·
Where we Start: Azusa to Mt. Baldy, via San Gabriel Canyon and Glendora Mountain Road

What we drive: Lotus' and other light weight sports cars.

What to see: East Fork of the San Gabriel River; San Gabriel Canyon OHV Area; Crystal Lake

Where to eat: Camp WIlliams Resort Cafe, 24210 E. Fork Road, (626) 910-1126, open Friday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Mt. Baldy Lodge, 6777 Mt. Baldy Road; (909) 982-1115, open Monday to Friday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to midnight, Flappy Jacks (Great food but usually a 45min Wait for breakfast)

Total drive distance: 60 to 80 miles

Total driving and dining time: 2-3 hours

Reactions: Harix
#13 ·
I may be interested.. I still have my crappy Rota's with RE71r's on my car from that crappy Auto-x I did a few weeks ago.. Might as well use them for something better...

Just a note, I am heading to the Porsche's Experience Center C&C tomorrow if anyone is interested...

#14 ·
Ok, I guess we are going camping on the 15th also...

So first drive will be the 22nd.

I think Main Street Glendora will be the best meeting place, good parking and food, from there we can drive up Azusa Canyon, to the East Fork to GMR.

#16 ·
Just did a test run. Started from Azusa, to east fork road, then to GMR and had lunch at mt baldy restaurant.

Zero traffic, no cops, and amazing weather.

Attachments

Reactions: nintense
#22 ·
I'm in. So, what time is the meetup in Glendora? The earlier, the better.

Reactions: mattjk
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.