The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright someone has bid on Jamie's eBay auction for his 90SE. The price is green so it has sold. Who bought it? Don't know how many LOON's will attend but it is almost a tradition to meet and greet visiting Lotus people when they arrive in MN. If the winner is someone on this forum please introduce yourself

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
watch out for out of country transactions. accept wire transfers. Cashiers and certified checks can be forged. Even if the check clear they can do a charge back weeks later after the car has been shipped. Talk to your banker and I think they will advise wire transfer only.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats too. So it seems no meet and greet with the new owner. I was really hoping that someone on the forum or turbo list would buy the car. From what Tim and Dave told me it is a solid car in great condition. They mentioned your car and others to me when I started sniffing around the blue Esprit last fall. But it was the project car I ended up with. I'm sure we will see each other sometime this year. I have negotiated pricing for all the parts I need to effect repairs and the parts have started to arrive.

I hope your Lotus experience has been a good one.
Good luck and keep in touch

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I've had to sell an Esprit due to financial hardship twice already (thankfully, not a third time...so far), so I know the rollercoaster of emotions you are probably going through right now. Have always hated that sinking feeling in the stomach and the lack of sleep at night when it is first sold...LOL

I know you have a ton of Lotus passion so stay positive...just a matter of time before you are back in an Esprit. Also, let me be the first to say...looking forward to hearing about your next Esprit!

Roy

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jamie,
In the past I also had to sell under financial duress. But I have had the most unusual sell details that is hard to beat. Did Jay ever tell you the circumstances of how he bought my car? For some reason Lotus is so intertwined with my life people can not believe how the circumstances of my Lotus life story continues to unfold after I thought it was all over and done. So just keep the faith and have some sort remembrance of your car for old times sake. Continually crossing paths with cars from the past from as far back as the 70's and across oceans the cars track me down LOL. what are the chances of that?

If you want it to happen. You will be back with one day in the drivers seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts