The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am completely new to this sports car realm (2014 Lotus Evora IPS) as this was my first true sports car that you can really feel the road and the intricacies of a hand built car (previously was in a BMW 4 series, then Maserati Ghibili, and had the Jaguar F Type). I am experiencing the car shaking (feels more like the brakes are going on and off) rather than the car vibrating. This only happens on slow speeds, like when reversing out of a parking space and then slowly turning to make the car straight. I think I read somewhere that this is normal, but just wanted to check with you experts here.

Thanks,
Ash

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I know from my Porsche, when I back up and turn at the same time, as in pulling out from a parking spot, I get some vibration. It is the LSD doing it's job, I do not know if your car has a LSD, but that could be you issue. To fix it, you can add a very small amount of LSD modifier, I used Red Line.

:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don’t know if this helps, but I had a similar issue with my Pirelli tires when backing down my driveway and turning the wheel coming out of a parking space. I switched to a softer Nitto tire and the problem went away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts