The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived this afternoon from Southern California. Can’t believe I actually have a Lotus Esprit sitting in my shop...

·
Administrator
1,457 Posts
Looks beautiful! Congratulations!

Reactions: eboucher

·
Registered
802 Posts
She is a beauty

While the iron is hot- I think these wheels would look great on this car. See thread below.

Still have the two front spares and as it says, the rears can be sourced from BBS.

I think I would go ahead and have 18 inch barrels on the rear so you can have a wide selection of tires.

Let me know your address so I can get them packaged and ready to ship :)

Seriously, let them go for a song if you think you would use them.

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
156 Posts
Awesome. Love the martini to celebrate. Keep us updated on your first drive!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Shipping was WAY faster than I anticipated and title transfer, reg, and insurance still need to be handled. With our already notoriously slow DMV now practically at a standstill due to COVID-19 for now I’ll just be sitting in it in the garage and making “Vroom Vroom” noises! 🤣

Erik L. those are beautiful wheels but I’m a big fan of the OEMs so I’ll be sticking with ‘em. Best of luck with the sale.

-Eric

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
That is sweet!! Congrats and love the pics!!!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Great looking car, I see you joined Lotus talk in 2006, bought an Esprit in 2020, now THATS what I call doing your homework 😉, congrats, enjoy the hell out of it !

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great looking car, I see you joined Lotus talk in 2006, bought an Esprit in 2020, now THATS what I call doing your homework 😉, congrats, enjoy the hell out of it !
Haha! Yeah this plan has definitely been a LOOOONG time in the works. As the old saying goes, “Some things in life are worth waiting for!” 😁

Reactions: sege

·
Dreaded Prior Owner
722 Posts
Wish I'd bought a lift before the Esprit- good planning!

·
Super Moderator
3,926 Posts
I joined Yahoo Esprit group in 1990 (after I visited the Lotus Factory in UK). But I didn't buy my first Lotus (Esprit) until 2011 when I was 'ready'. Different times for different folks :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Wish I'd bought a lift before the Esprit- good planning!
Yeah I definitely recommend them. The circumstances around me getting mine were a bit out of the ordinary. I was working underneath my 1 ton dually truck when it fell off the jack stands and came right down on both my legs. Spent two weeks in the hospital. Put the lift in after that and never looked back. I feel 100% safer standing under the vehicle with it supported at 4 points on the frame than I ever did laying under one, plus it just really opens up so many possibilities to do your own work. Today I swapped the performance exhaust with cat delete back in the Esprit and will be changing all fluids this week. The lift easily cuts job time in half if not more. Just make sure your concrete is up to the task. I didn’t trust my 4” slab so I cut out an entire section and had it re-poured to 8” at a super high PSI and did 16” pillars under both posts. That also allowed me to sink anchors into the concrete instead of drilling into it to mount the lift.

·
Super Moderator
3,926 Posts
EB> Can’t believe I actually have a Lotus Esprit sitting in my shop...

I absolutely know that feeling.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats! I bought the Red 1991 SE that sold on BaT 2 weeks ago, and it came in tonight via Intercity...almost a clone. I was able to take it for a quick spin on delivery (a light rain started to fall), after squeezing my 6’1”, 240 lb frame in...first ride was fun, looking forward to many more. Hope you enjoy yours to the fullest.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Congrats Eric!

Glad to see she is yours. If you have a AAA membership, you can do the transfer and registration at your nearest AAA location. Hope to see you at a GGLC event when they are up and going again.

Regards,
Dan

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats! I bought the Red 1991 SE that sold on BaT 2 weeks ago, and it came in tonight via Intercity...almost a clone. I was able to take it for a quick spin on delivery (a light rain started to fall), after squeezing my 6’1”, 240 lb frame in...first ride was fun, looking forward to many more. Hope you enjoy yours to the fullest.
Yeah I saw that one. Congrats! Swapped the performance exhaust back in on mine and took her out today on some of our back roads here in NorCal just for a quickie. Idle picked up a couple hundred RPM after it warmed up good so I need to slacken the throttle cable just a tad. Other than that it was a perfect drive. Awesome vehicle. Planning on doing all the fluids this weekend. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment with the car.

Reactions: lawdog91SE

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats Eric!

Glad to see she is yours. If you have a AAA membership, you can do the transfer and registration at your nearest AAA location. Hope to see you at a GGLC event when they are up and going again.

Regards,
Dan
Thanks Dan. Seller submitted the title transfer into his own name via snail mail just before he put it up for sale and he’s still waiting for it, so until he gets it and overnights it to me I’m in waiting mode. I have a copy of the previous title but that doesn’t do me much good. At least I got it all insured today.

I’ll definitely check out Golden Gate and even if I’m not racing I’m sure I’ll be bringing it out to T-Hill and Sears on race weekends just to hang out with the old racing fam. Always people looking for extra hands wrenching! 🙂

Reactions: StressCraxx

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Time to watch "The Spy who Loved Me". Just watched that the other day. That movie is what got me interested in Lotus.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Time to watch "The Spy who Loved Me". Just watched that the other day. That movie is what got me interested in Lotus.
Watched that one and “For Your Eyes Only” the day before the car arrived! Then the day it arrived I watched “Pretty Woman” since the Stevens car is what ultimately made me an Esprit lover. 🙂

Reactions: sege and FlatCrank
1 - 20 of 30 Posts