The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
What a way to dilute the Ferrari name by allowing the poor to buy them :( :( What is next a 50K Bentley?
Same argument was made when the "Dino" was introduced. Now the Dino is believed to be one of the best Pininfarina designed F-cars, even though it doesn't have any Ferrari badges!

Pininfarina | Pininfarina Models

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same argument was made when the "Dino" was introduced. Now the Dino is believed to have one of the most desirable Ferrari designs, even though it doesn't have any Ferrari badges!

Ahhh you are one of THOSE! The Dino isn't a real Ferrari. In any event, wasn't make an argument. Guess its best to stick to the Lamborghinis, at least they won't dilute the brand further than the Gallardo they made so far. Keeping fingers crossed. Let the poor enjoy their Ferraris. Further, design isn't everything. Hyundai can design a good looking sports car, but at the end of the day it is still a Hyundai!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Ahhh you are one of THOSE! The Dino isn't a real Ferrari. In any event, wasn't make an argument. Guess its best to stick to the Lamborghinis, at least they won't dilute the brand further than the Gallardo they made so far. Keeping fingers crossed. Let the poor enjoy their Ferraris. Further, design isn't everything. Hyundai can design a good looking sports car, but at the end of the day it is still a Hyundai!
There are two schools of thought on this. Enzo always said that 6 cylinder Ferraris will be called "Dinos". But he never said anything about them not being "true" Ferraris. It's the owners of 8 and 12 cylinder Ferraris who most often claim that Dinos aren't real Ferraris.

And if history is any judge, the 246 Dinos are now going for $200k+. I guess they've got enough Ferrari blood for true enthusiasts.

If I had my choice, I'd take a "not real" Ferrari 246 Dino any day over a "real" flat 12 Ferrari Testarossa.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
What a way to dilute the Ferrari name by allowing the poor to buy them :( :( What is next a 50K Bentley?
I hope that you are kidding with this comment. Were you born with a silver spoon in your mouth?

Enzo was poor, my elitist friend.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea lambos are so cool, they have such great racing pedigree...NOT, id rather have that DINO than a Gallardo anyday where do i sign up?

although lambos are cool cars, IMO they are the ULTIMATE poser mobiles
You are calling OTHERS poseurs? Laughable. Aren't you the one who puts 22s on his Lexus GS, chromes out his whole Exige S engine bay, and are at car shows with the fake MRS thing you have all "blinged out?" Never said I wanted a Gallardo. Said, I am glad Lambo isn't diluting their brand past the Gallardo. The Gallardo is enough for the poor, no reason to go more down market, like Ferrari is going with this new cheap car.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
You are calling OTHERS poseurs? Laughable. Never said I wanted a Gallardo. Said, I am glad Lambo isn't diluting their brand past the Gallardo. The Gallardo is enough for the poor, no reason to go more down market, like Ferrari is going with this new cheap car.
the world doesnt revolve around sherry711, the post i made was in general, and ive always felt this way, dont get your panties all in a bunch rotfl

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I am not wearing any panties at this hour ;) Your poseur status is proof positive in your own post http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/999268-post18.html
a purpose built show car is just that meant for posing...hence a show car should look like a show car and race car should look like a race car...rotfl

never claimed to be a race car dirver, and i am proud of my show car background...its all good

come to think of it noone seen your lotus or your driving skills either :shrug:

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a purpose built show car is just that meant for posing...hence a show car should look like a show car and race car should look like a race car...rotfl

never claimed to be a race car dirver, and i am proud of my show car background...its all good
No harm no foul. We need people like you to support the HIN. All I was pointing out was, you are in no position to call people poseurs. ;) You bought your Exige S to be a Lotus poseur as well. Nothing wrong with it. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in your posts, thats all. Good night.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
sorry to disagree, i got mileage on my exige, i bought my lotus cus its the best car i can afford...anywho...i love ferraris and will def try to pick up one of these new Dino badboys...sweet dreams

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
come to think of it noone seen your lotus or your driving skills either :shrug:
Dear Mr. Coi Tajo, Once again, posting with wrong information. Downfall will be yours. Sam actually met me earlier this week. Came by my house, stopped in my garage, admired our Lotus cars, and chatted cars with us, when he picked up the tires. Here is the thread. Please contact him if you don't believe me. http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/brand-new-0-miles-toyo-888-lss-sizes-ca-55904/ As far as driving skill goes, I just pulled the second best time out of 311 people in karting. There were 3 other Lotus owners from this forum, who were there, 2 that races in all the Lotus Challenge Series races, and got beat by me, and were asking me for driving tips. I have trophies here from my auto-x and have a few from 2 wheels as well. I am backing up everything I have said, and you are not. I will put the title of my Lotus and my Lotus 7, that I posted on "mophos" new car thread, and meet you ANYWHERE, ANY PLACE, and compare driving skills. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, instead of being a poseur and standing around with 97 lb girls at the HIN?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Once again, posting with wrong information. Downfall will be yours. Sam actually met me earlier this week. Came by my house, stopped in my garage, admired our Lotus cars, and chatted cars with us, when he picked up the tires. Here is the thread. Please contact him if you don't believe me. http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/brand-new-0-miles-toyo-888-lss-sizes-ca-55904/ As far as driving skill goes, I just pulled the second best time out of 311 people in karting. There were 3 other Lotus owners from this forum, who were there, 2 that races in all the Lotus Challenge Series races, and got beat by me, and were asking me for driving tips. I have trophies here from my auto-x and have a few from 2 wheels as well. I am backing up everything I have said, and you are not. I will put the title of my Lotus and my Lotus 7, that I posted on "mophos" new car thread, and meet you ANYWHERE, ANY PLACE, and compare driving skills. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, instead of being a poseur and standing around with 97 lb girls at the HIN?
i dont claim anything i dont back up, i dont even claim to be anything at all, but a show whore,(40+ trophies) hahahaha, like i said i never said i was a race car driver, nor am i calling people out...about driving, but if you wanna race, we can hit up any Kart Track and we can do the damn thing...last time we went Karting, i was the 4th fastest driver, with no racing background, the 2 other people faster than me Kart all the time and went to Skip Barber, another who frequents this site has been racing for years, like i said i dont say im the bomb lotus driver, but im pretty sure i can hold my own :coolnana::shift:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Fight! Fight! Fight!

I feel like I'm in grade school again. And that was a LONG time ago.

So it sounds like the challenge has been issued and accepted. You should each pick up a Chase Cam, go to a neutral Kart track and battle it out! Then post the videos so we can all watch the epic battle. Maybe you could get the speed channel to cover it.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
so did Porsche dilute its market with the cayenne? i think it exploded with it. i do not believe the poor can afford to pay 130$ or spend 4 years on a wait list to buy this car. furthur, the dino did not have a v12, thus not badged ferrari, however it di have all the soul and spririt of any of its older brothers. im quite happy to see ferrari is going to build this car!

those of us who own an elise/exige, could have just as easily stepped in to a pre owned example of a Ferrari... 308, 328, even some 348.... ive seen a few TR for 65-80$ and all the 456 and 550 you can handle for 50-90... not far off from our 40- 75 000 $ cars.
i know some of us are poor...

whats wrong with Ferrari just grabbing more market and at the same time introducing a great new design? thank you ferrari.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I think every car maker has been guilty of making succeeding generations of every model of their cars larger and more powerful (and also thus more expensive)...just look what's happened to the Corolla, compare that to a Camry of ten years ago. Even Lotus is guilty of this with the Elise. My point is, car makers that used to have a smaller, low end entry level model find that they no longer do, so come out with an entirely new model. Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, etc. That's how I view this Dino, the 340 has evolved that model line to a supercar level, they lack any back to basics sports car and that's where this Dino fits in.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Ahhh you are one of THOSE! The Dino isn't a real Ferrari.
If you doubt this, have a Dino worked on in a proper shop and look at the bill.

And BTW, had the Dino not existed, it is doubtful if the Elise would have attained it's styling.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Don't waste your time with this Sherry711 trolling for responses. She/he just got busted in Mopho's thread about his Caterham for posting all manner of conflicting things on here and MoreMonkey, and Randy said that it's someone from here with a different account.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Don't waste your time with this Sherry711 trolling for responses. She/he just got busted in Mopho's thread about his Caterham for posting all manner of conflicting things on here and MoreMonkey, and Randy said that it's someone from here with a different account.
LOL! OWNED

Sherry, Gary or what ever your name is, either you wear panties or boxers. You can not wear both. rotfl

1 - 20 of 48 Posts