The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I heard a neigh, Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh it was. My very heart leaped with the sound..."

:shift:

:evil:

:cool:

:D

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"If everything is under control, you're going too slow."

Gutted the bay... more to come :D

:shift::shift::shift:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Started her for the first time with the new engine in about an hour ago. I heard it on the engine dyno but in my car -eek- :panic:

But we hit a little snag. Now I need two new engine mounts. I've got dyno time on monday and a tuner to pick up at the airport...

It's been 8 friggin months of work and it's going to be delayed due to a weak point I hadn't thought about in advance. EEEEEEDIUT.

:wallbang:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
pics ?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Started her for the first time with the new engine in about an hour ago. I heard it on the engine dyno but in my car -eek- :panic:

But we hit a little snag. Now I need two new engine mounts. I've got dyno time on monday and a tuner to pick up at the airport...

It's been 8 friggin months of work and it's going to be delayed due to a weak point I hadn't thought about in advance. EEEEEEDIUT.

:wallbang:
You flew in a tuner??? Woah

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:bow: to Mike and Jeff for fabbing up some new mounts for me and getting everything installed today.

I have gotten several emails asking exactly what has been going on here. I thought I would wait until I got some "in car" numbers (I only have engine dyno numbers -eek- :evil: currently) but I'm caving a little due to the peer pressure. So, here it is in a nutshell.

I have decided that Frank's car is going down. I'm going to teach him a lesson on how to really build a car that can't be touched in the canyons, on the track, or for that matter anywhere...

I have enlisted the assistance of many people (including Mike and Jeff :)) from various parts of the country (and one from outside - 志の輔 - ありがとうございます - you rock dude ;)) over the past 8 months in my quest. Turns out there are quite a few people who desire to see the Rocket Pig cooked like bacon (although most of the people who have helped had never heard of Frank before this).

Well, the fire's on and the pan is smokin' hot baby.

Some fine tuning to come and then it's all smack down from there... :evil:

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Roaddad I have to say this, and that is if you actually take Frank's Car down...I will be floored. But if this is a hoax...which I can't put past you from the last three years I have seen you on the forums with your posts...I will end up crying in the corner, because I would be so disappointed.

So if this is real...:Evil: if this is a hoax :thwack:

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
lol. can't wait to see!

ohhh.. guess whats coming in a few days... April 1st... can I be the first to congratulate you on a good April 1st joke?

:)
OK, so I won't post anything on 4/1 :shrug:.
That is one hell of an undertaking.
No kidding.

Sorry for the delays in posting progress. I've been busy. I'll write more and try to post up some pics in a bit but here's a bit of the list, many of which are custom one-offs and some are "off the shelf" parts that were modified by the builder :)bow:) to work:

• Race Prepped Block
• Aluminum Heads (EDIT: Head) with REV Stainless Valves
• Aluminum Intake Manifold
• Eagle 3D H-Beam Rods
• 4340 Lunati Crank
• Lunati Promod Rods
• Clevite Race Bearings
• JE Pistons
• Total Seal Piston Rings
• Custom Roller Cam and Lifters
• custom Billet Timing Chain and Gear Set
• Custom Moly Push Rods
• Comp Cams Roller Rocker Arms
• Custom Oiling System
• ATI/Romac Dual Key Way Balancer
• Aluminum Water Pump
• CSI Mini High Torque Starter (stock when "poof")
• F1R Cog Drive System
• DFI Fuel Injection
Twin custom built 80mm Turbos with 50mm gates
• Chiseled Performance Custom A-W intercooler (Constructed from 1/8" 061T6 Aluminum 100% Tig Welded with Bar and Plate Cores) rated to 2000hp :evil:
• Vortech Custom built one-off Supercharger (based off of their V-7 YSi)

:evil:

and I've lost my boot...

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As far as taking franks car down...he is joking of course.
Uh, nope. See above... Depending on the boost levels, the engine makes between 1500 and 1800 hp (at the crank). Again, haven't been on the dyno in the car for some fine tuning yet so...

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh, and it runs on 92 octane :), which was a requirement... no race gas (we have 87, 89 and 93 locally)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts