The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, some idiot backed into me at a stop light (apparently he didn't get the memo about how you're supposed to wait for the light to turn green then drive forward, not reverse). I dropped the car to Specialty Car Craft in LA on April 20th and after a huge fight with the dealership to repair prior damage that was discovered, I finally got her back today. It was well worth the wait, those guys did a phenomenal job and stuck by me while dealing with both insurance and the dealership. It was a rare day in SoCal (it was raining) so she'll be detailed sometime next week when I know the weather will be ideal and I can take some better pictures. In the mean time, here are a couple, let me know what you guys think. The list of things that I had done in addition to the repair work:

1) rims powder coated matte black
2) hardtop and rear window shroud painted matte black
3) gas cover power coated matte black
4) binnacle and steering column shroud painted Arctic Silver
5) plinth and the line on the front of the clam shaved
6) rear deck, access panel and the 3 front plastic grill all replaced with Exige
grills
7) new license plate

·
Registered
294 Posts
Love it man, I have Storm Titanium and just got both wet carbon fiber hardtop and back rollbar cover top. Looks legit

·
Registered
739 Posts
Steve and his crew are awesome. They've done a bit of custom work to my Arctic Silver as well! Lookin sharp with the license plate plith delete!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Looks great! I'd put on body color Exige type side scoops. With all the other plastic gone, those plastic side grills look a bit out of place.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think it looks great, love the treatment to the top. For a next step I agree with the exige side scoops, except I would do them in carbon, and balance that with a carbon splitter - that would be :up:

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Looks nice. Good job! I'm also digging the LSB M3 in the background. Is it for sale? :p

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great! I'd put on body color Exige type side scoops. With all the other plastic gone, those plastic side grills look a bit out of place.
Yup, I have the scoop mount kit pre-ordered and I'm talking with someone about matte finished exige scoops. I definitely had that planned :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks nice. Good job! I'm also digging the LSB M3 in the background. Is it for sale? :p
Lol, not that I know of. I have the fortunate luck to work for Edmunds.com and our parking garage is filled with all types of cars that employees own. It runs from several M3s, an NSX, old school Porsche roadster and a Ferrari, Bentley and of course a couple of Elises. Now throw in all the review cars and our parking structure is a car enthusiast wet dream.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Nice are you hiring? ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
This looks so nice. Very nice vision and execution! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeah it downpoured down in Pacific Beach yesterday, thunder as well. felt like i was back in the south. car looks great, glad to know there is a great shop near by for those unfortunate repairs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts