The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After one of the worst auto transport experieinces of my life, my car is finally here (albeit 12 days late for a total of 17 days in transport).

Let me forwarn any one looking to transport not to use Continental Auto Movers or Harwell Auto Transport. They take car of the cars, but they will lie to your face on where your car is actually located...but that is another story for another time.

Here she is:

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! Yes, AW has far surpassed my expectations. I thought it was a flat white, but it turns our it has metallic in it which is gorgeous!

I can't wait to start getting some mods on her!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Congrats! Nice color (or lack thereof :D). As far as shipping goes, I'm pretty sure many of us suggested good shippers to you...

As for mods...start with some tasty bits from Sector111!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
love the black accents on white. I would get some black wheels, stat!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bonehead shippers.

I never lose sleep over anything.
But I sure did last June when I went through the same nightmare as you awaiting delivery.
My wife said she'd never seen me so angry in our 35 years of marriage.
I guess this is a man's equivilent of labor pains. :huh:

Your Elise is awesome looking.

Enjoy the new baby.

Dave

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I know you all suggested places to ship my car with, such as Interstate Autoshippers, but they couldn't pick my car up for 3 weeks because I just missed the last truck coming out east with them so I had to find an alternative.

Needless to say, I only ended up paying them $400 on a quoted $1800 shipping deal so in the end I'm happy to have saved $1400 on my shipping. That being said, I can't stand when people lie to my face.

Example: Saturday at 10am the dispatcher (Clay) calls me and tells me he just got off the phone with the driver and they are just crossing into NJ so they should be at me within 2 hours. 1:30pm I get a call from the driver and he tells me he is Harrisburg, PA! For those of you who don't know, that is about 4 hours from NY. LIE #1 So I assume that based on them being in Harrisburg they will be at me around 6pm, right? Wrong, as they don't show up until 10pm!!!! So LIE #2 is that there is no way they could have been in Harrisburg, PA and have it take 8.5 hours to get to me!

That is just one of the many lies/excuses they gave me which also included the original truck driver being fired, them blowing a transmission, and them telling me that they are only 22 hours away from me as my car is the last car on the trailer only to find out 3 days later they MAGICALLY have 1 car to deliver in MI and 3 cars to deliver in PA before coming to me...I just hate being taken advantage of :evil:

ANYWAY, yes, I love black accents on a white car as well and I am planning on painting the wheels. Anyone have any idea how much this should cost?

I'm also thinking of black racing stripes...

Thanks for all the compliments...she drives like a dream and it has been 2 years in the waiting since I fell in love with the elise after driving one.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
A really nice white one!

Excellent!

Wax it right away!

SLOWLY in and out of driveways and have fun!

·
Registered
557 Posts
she is a beauty! now go put some miles on her!!! yeah and as mentioned above watch the speed bumps and driveways. take em at an angle. congratulations and enjoy!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
my pleasure sir. go crazy with the stripes. why not, right? take the long way home. enjoy your permasmille. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts