The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yesterday, I blasted out of bed at 5 a.m. only to miss my 8 a.m. flight to Miami to pick up the Elise. I caught the noon flight and was pulling out of the dealership at 5 o'clock, just in time for traffic. I drove and drove and arrived home at 5 a.m. Wed. morning. LOL I love the car. I knew it would get attention but good lord. I must say it is well deserved attention. :bow:

We live in an area where if you don't have 2 kids and a mini van you are an outcast. I'm starting to lose patience with it and almost fell out of the car laughing this morning when I wheeled into the driveway and saw my husband standing proudly under his work.

So far she has been enjoying her time above sea level and even got to go for a little spin through some mountain roads today. I think I heard her say she liked the curvy roads and crisp cool air, but I might have been hearing things. I did only sleep for 5 hours before I was standing back out in the driveway enjoying the view.

I do have a few questions. First and foremost, I have got to get the animation turned off on the radio. I ended up draping a napkin over it last night because all the flashing colors almost gave me a seizure. I'm about to search for a manual - please tell me it can be turned off.

Is this normal? It happened 3 times yesterday and once today while cruising along at 80 mph steadily for a period of time it would feel like I let my foot off the accelerator suddenly. I thought I might have last night because around hour 10 my right foot went numb but when it happened again tonight and my husband didn't have a good explanation for it I was a little bothered by it.

Another thing I'm noticing is a raspy kind of sound when I'm accelerating. It sounds glorious when I let off the accelerator but when I push it back down the sound comes back. I want to say it is more evident around 4-5k.

Otherwise, the car is great. ;)

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Gorgeous non color.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
-press and hold the menu button (I think) for several seconds to turn off the demo mode
-So you are suddenly losing power? Doesn't sound good.
-I think the "raspy" sound at WOT is air moving through the intake system.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Congratulations on the new family member. She looks just like her mother.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yes, but the power comes right back.
Sounds like traction control and the cause is hitting a expansion joint in the freeway or some uneven pavement.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I've had the sudden loss of power thing happen too, at random points just cruising down the road. Had a service where they reflashed the ECU, and haven't had the problem since, but I haven't driven it a great deal since then. I'd ask about any service bulletins related to the ECU next time you're in for service,

John

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Congratulations. Definitely get that checked out. Cars have a way of turning little quirks into big problems if you ignore them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congratulations :coolnana:

·
Registered
582 Posts
AWESHOME! WAY TO GO!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
CONGRATS, but something is disturbing me. Is your car USED or NEW? It looks like an 06 to me because of the reflector on the tail lights which means it's an LED lights. BUT if it's an 06, why do you have those UGLY 05 rear panel? 06 rear panel is clean with no reflectors at all...

Don't want to ruin your party, but need to point out something. I would be pissed if it's a NEW car, but even if it's NEW or USED, you shouldn't have that reflectors. Something must have happened to the car such that a panel is changed.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
CONGRATS, but something is disturbing me. Is your car USED or NEW? It looks like an 06 to me because of the reflector on the tail lights which means it's an LED lights. BUT if it's an 06, why do you have those UGLY 05 rear panel? 06 rear panel is clean with no reflectors at all...

Don't want to ruin your party, but need to point out something. I would be pissed if it's a NEW car, but even if it's NEW or USED, you shouldn't have that reflectors. Something must have happened to the car such that a panel is changed.
:huh: Yes that caught my eyes too! What is an Elise doing with '06 Taillights and '05 rear panel and reflectors?? :shrug:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts