The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall a rash of thefts of the S2000 shift knobs right when the car was released. I find this disturbing. I can just imagin comming back to my car without the top on and using only the shower cap and have the knob be missing. Is this a concern?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
babak,
The first PRESS day at LA one of the gear shift knobs was stolen.

Note: however you do have the cobra alarm system with an extremely obnoxious siren, if you have your windows up don't think someone would stick around long enough to take it. Remember this alarm incorporates a microwave cockpit intrusion sensor which really does work (note: it takes 45 sec to fully arm the alarm system once you hit the large fob button and the doors lock.
However the removeable stereo face might be a big candidate for theft.
Chris

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris.
The stereo face does not concern me as much as the damage some punk will do to the dash ripping it out. So I'll just have to take it with me. OTOH, the shift knob flying off the handle worries me, even with the alarm engaged (which from what I've read on a couple of threads people are choosing to disable the motion sensor.)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
babak said:
with the alarm engaged (which from what I've read on a couple of threads people are choosing to disable the motion sensor.)
Not on my car. Yesterday, when my brother-in-law, Mario, arrived, the car was parked on the driveway. Mario stuck his head into the cockpit area, and leaned way in, before the alarm went off. It wasn't as sensitive as I was expecting, but he still wouldn't have had enough time to remove anything before the alarm went off.

Mario did, however, jump pretty high...:D

Tim Mullen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts