The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all Im new to the lotus family and i have an Exige s it has three shift lights on the tacho side guage. I had a reversing camera fitted an in the process these lights no longer light up as revs become greater than 5000.
the lights illuminate on the dash at startup so are not blown.
does anybody know if these area able to be switched off and in the process of fitting the wiring for the camera they have been disabled.
does anybody know how to reactivate or where to look for a restoration of function.
cheers warren

·
Registered
817 Posts
...these lights no longer light up as revs become greater than 5000...
cheers warren
The "greater than 5000" bit suggests to me that you might not be aware of the low rev limit during engine warm-up (sorry if you are). When the engine is cold (or more specifically when the coolant temperature is below some minimum) the ECU sets the rev limit to about 5,500 rpm (see Owner's Manual for the exact number). That's when you'll see the shift lights at 5,000 or so rpm. Once the engine is warm (coolant temp above some specific temp, I'd guess about 175*F), the rev limit is raised to about 8,500 rpm. That means the shift lights won't start to come on until you get to about 8,000 rpm (depends on what gear you are in, again see the Owner's Manual for specifics).

HTH,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts