4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some shifter cables and LETSLA:

Gear Shifter Frame Brace
Simply Sports Cars -Gear Shifter Frame Brace - Lotus- Lotus

Crossgate Cable
Simply Sports Cars -Improved Lotus Crossgate Cable- Lotus

Gearshift Cable
Simply Sports Cars -Improved Lotus Gear Shift Cable- Lotus And let them know I wanted to use them with LETSLA and get 6mm threading.

LETSLA
Trueleo Lotus Products

Other than following the instructions any tips or tricks for the install? Anything learned?

Also while I was looking at other posts saw a trick small shifter console. Anyone seen this product before? See below.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
When you ordered the LETSLA, did you ask them to drill and tap for the SSC cables? The OEM cables have a 6-mm holes...the SSC cables have 8-mm ball joints. If not, it is real easy to drill the tapped hole with a 6.6-mm drill and tapping the required holes with a M8-1.25 tap.

To make the least amount of drag on the cables, you have to set the shift cable to the shortest throw and the cross gate cable to the second from the shortest throw. Once you get in there, you will see what I mean...the cables will be the straightest.

Then for the adjustment - The whole trick to adjusting is to set the cross gate cable first by adjusting the neutral point of the shift lever and the neutral point of the gear box. Both are spring loaded to return to center. They both must coincide otherwise you won't get smooth shifting. Now that you have shorter throws, you need to put a spacer under the brown phenolic block for the reverse lock-out. I used a piece of plastic...you can use a sheet of aluminum. It just needs to be about 0.020" thick. As for the shift cable adjustment, all it does is place your shift lever forward or aft...set it as close as you can to the plane of the steering wheel. There are limitations to this adjustment.

Oh yeah...you will also need a longer M6 bolt inside for the shift cable at the shift lever. It is very tight in there and the shift cable gets forced to one side if it is not spaced out about 10-mm at the shift lever. Again, you will see what I mean once you get in there...

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JJ, yes I emailed them and requested 6mm with a reply request to let me know they understand.

Still no reply yet.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, gotcha!

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed Troy and gave him the info. Thanks, I was bass akwards!

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Bobby would you mind posting any installation tips, tricks when your all done?

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
What was wrong with post #2?
your post was great!

I just happen to be stuck in brain damage land where I need pics before I do anything lol

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think SSC makes coloring books!

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
I don't think SSC makes coloring books!
Coloring books no, but maybe they have some of those old first gen, carbon fiber covered, pop-up books left...... I'll have to give Piet-Jan over at SSC a shout :p

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Install tips posted on my "New Mods" thread.

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Bought the LETSLA :D

·
Registered
831 Posts
What I'd really appreciate is an honest assessment whether the LETSLA is worth the bother. It seems like Rube Goldberg just waiting to crap up your transmission tunnel but I dunno. When it came out there were a bunch of threads some guys swore it worked and some couldn't get past the install. I didn't see if anyone actually put it in, tuned it right and ran with it enough to say whether it was worth the trouble. So how about i?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Not sure where the Rube Goldberg reference comes from, it doesn't add any complexity to the shifting mechanism, it replaces the stamped stock pieces with machined pieces with slightly different/adjustable geometry and better bearings.

I have it in my car and I love it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I installed the LETSLA when it first came out about four years ago or about 10,000 miles, numerous auto-x events plus three or four track days. It is rock solid and to me a big improvement over the original.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
What I'd really appreciate is an honest assessment whether the LETSLA is worth the bother. It seems like Rube Goldberg just waiting to crap up your transmission tunnel but I dunno. When it came out there were a bunch of threads some guys swore it worked and some couldn't get past the install. I didn't see if anyone actually put it in, tuned it right and ran with it enough to say whether it was worth the trouble. So how about i?
Install was easy. It functions perfectly. Adjustable so less shifter movement needed to change gears. 5 years of track duty without problems.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts