The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I installed an exhaust on my s260 Final Ed I noticed the shift lever won't spring towards the center anymore when out of gear. It's difficult to move at all and stays wherever it was when you let go. Everything else seems fine. What could I have messed up?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Check the cables going into the transmission. Its on the drivers side under the intake. The cables themselves come up under the transmission. But make sure the big metal arm they connect to on the transmission isn't hitting anything....or that its even connected to the cables at all. You can still drive the car, it just doesn't kick back is all?

The cables come under the transmission and should be resting on a little J shaped bracket bolted to the bottom of the transmission.

I know when I did all my engine work a wire bundle was interferring with the big metal "weight" thats on the gear selector mechanism and it kept me from going into 3rd & 5th.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It actually fixed itself after about 24 hours of gradually loosening up. *shrug* Thanks for the tip though!

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Had a problem with the shifter a while back, a no-longer used wire from the air box had dangled down and the plug was getting jamed in the shift mechanism on top of the tranny. You may have beat something dangling into submission (or chopped it off). Still worth a peak in case whatever it was merely flopped out of the way temporarily. (in my case the problem came and went as the plug bounced in and out of the way).

Luckily the fix was a single zip-tie, not a whole new tranny as I feared intitally when I started having shifting issues.

:nanner2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts