The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I broke a shift cable off the stick shifter at the track Sunday. It is the front/back (gear selector cable), not the left/right (gate selector cable). On the stick, a cheesy steel bracket is welded to the the stick for each cable, with the gear selector bracket above the gate selector bracket.

The ball rod end joint stayed intact, but it tore the cheesy bracket's hole open. I'm going to weld a new bracket on, but I would sure rather do it outside the car on a bench.

I can't get the shifter lever out. all cables are disconnected, the driver's side bolt/ball joint nut are separated at the bottom pivot of the shifter lever, but how do you separate the passenger side ball joint at the bottom pivot?

I'd appreciate your input. I really didn't understand the british rambling in the tech manual. If anyone says "plinth" I'm going to choke them.

cheers

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's taking all my willpower not to say that word, but out of respect for your situation I will refrain for a day or two. :sad:

·
Registered
229 Posts
So I broke a shift cable off the stick shifter at the track Sunday. It is the front/back (gear selector cable), not the left/right (gate selector cable). On the stick, a cheesy steel bracket is welded to the the stick for each cable, with the gear selector bracket above the gate selector bracket.

The ball rod end joint stayed intact, but it tore the cheesy bracket's hole open. I'm going to weld a new bracket on, but I would sure rather do it outside the car on a bench.

I can't get the shifter lever out. all cables are disconnected, the driver's side bolt/ball joint nut are separated at the bottom pivot of the shifter lever, but how do you separate the passenger side ball joint at the bottom pivot?

I'd appreciate your input. I really didn't understand the british rambling in the tech manual. If anyone says "plinth" I'm going to choke them.

cheers
If you PM me a # I'll walk you though it ......I just don't type fast enough.
Don.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts