The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did some searching and couldn't find what I was looking for... does anyone know if its possible to retrofit the shifter ring and the trim around the ebrake handle from a 2012 Lotus Elise S Touring (seems to be the only car that had them)?

I think it looks sharp as hell. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I will reply as I know the answer... no. The holes in the consoles are different than the older ones for that trim. The e-brake trim has extension pins that simply slip into the console to hold it (friction and gravity hold it there) and the shifter ring is bolted down from the back side similar to the window switch trims on our cars. The trim is actually machined billet aluminum though. You would have to order a complete new console to obtain those boots - several months wait. I will finally be receiving mine in a couple weeks and I ordered it in spring of last year. The Exige S V6 cars have those same trim rings as well.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will reply as I know the answer... no. The holes in the consoles are different than the older ones for that trim. The e-brake trim has extension pins that simply slip into the console to hold it (friction and gravity hold it there) and the shifter ring is bolted down from the back side similar to the window switch trims on our cars. The trim is actually machined billet aluminum though. You would have to order a complete new console to obtain those boots - several months wait. I will finally be receiving mine in a couple weeks and I ordered it in spring of last year. The Exige S V6 cars have those same trim rings as well.
Thanks for the quick response! That's a bummer. It's a nice touch, but not nice enough for me to buy an entirely new console. :D

*EDIT* Now that I think about it... if it's just holes using friction... possible to just drill holes into the console to match? Hmm...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the quick response! That's a bummer. It's a nice touch, but not nice enough for me to buy an entirely new console. :D

*EDIT* Now that I think about it... if it's just holes using friction... possible to just drill holes into the console to match? Hmm...
No, there are no holes in the console, just a different sized hole for the e-brake area. The covering material (leather or suede) is wrapped into that hole and that is what provides the friction for the pins, if that makes sense (it is kind of crude but it works). The shifter trim and boot is a clamped in assembly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts