The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, hello all! Long time lurker here. :)

Second, after driving my Exige S (recently purchased new, 4k miles, located in the South East) I've noticed a new strange occurance. After driving my car for a bit (20-25 minutes), shifting starts to feel "mushy." It even feels "mushy" if I am in neutral and try moving the shifter left or right horizontally a bit. It does not feel like this when I just turn on the car nor did it feel like this months ago either.

Any ideas what this could be?
Any recommendations?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen the link... I don't think that's the problem-- otherwise, the shifter would feel loose at all times.

Also, the shifter doesn't feel loose-- it feels sticky. I know mushy isn't a very technical term, but it feels like I'm shifting in mud.

Thanks for the quick reply though. :)

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
New Lotus?

Take it right back to the dealer and get everything running the way you want it! :D

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
How hot is it when this happens?
Track time occurence?

I only ask these questions because of an experience I had. One particularily hot track day my shifter began feeling mushy and it turned out I had melted the transmission shifter cable sheaths.

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Larry: I think I will do that. :p

Slaughtr:

I've never been to the track.

It's usually 85-90 degrees or so, I would say.

That's an interesting hypothesis, but I'm not sure that would explain why it feels fine when I just turn on the car.

In either case, I do think I will just take my car to Lotus!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts