The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. If there's a FAQ on this please just point me to a link. I've been searching for a while now and haven't found anything.

Had the my S260 Final up on ramps today to change the oil. Jacked it up by the balance point, put a ramp under the rear wheel on one side, did the same on the other (I get freaked out trying to drive up on gorilla ramps). Dropped the under panel, drained the oil, changed the filter, filled it up, replaced the under panel. Then did the reverse to get the car off the ramps.

Once it was on the ground, it requires an IMMENSE amount of muscle to move the shifter left and right and I can't seem to get the damn thing in reverse. Once I'm in one section of the gate (1-2, 3-4, 5-6) the shifter moves forward and back just fine. But moving left or right requires herculean strength. It's pretty much undrivable. What the heck could I have screwed up just changing the oil?

There's probably something massively stupid that I'm missing here, but I don't want to force the shifter as something is clearly wrong. Your guidance is much appreciated!!! :shrug:

·
Premium Member
11,993 Posts
i seem to remember someone catching a cable when putting the panel back on.

In these situations, I don't often believe in coincidence.

Take the panel off again and look around.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i seem to remember someone catching a cable when putting the panel back on.

In these situations, I don't often believe in coincidence.

Take the panel off again and look around.
Totally agree on the general lack of coincidence in the world, and the next step is definitely to pull the panel and see whats what. Didn't discover this until the day was already spent so I'll likely have to wait until later this week. Does put my mind at ease a little bit to know that there may be a precedent for something like this...

-Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts