The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have been waiting on my Elise for a week now, and get a call today saying it will be another few days, before they can pick it up. Anyone else had probs. like this? Anyway I told them never mind and I am going to pick it up myself on Thurs. When I get her home I will get pics posted. At least it should be a good time to get to know the car, because it is a 4 1/2 hr drive to the house. Thanks to you all for the welcomes.:coolnana::nanner::nanner2:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
OK, I have been waiting on my Elise for a week now, and get a call today saying it will be another few days, before they can pick it up. Anyone else had probs. like this? Anyway I told them never mind and I am going to pick it up myself on Thurs. When I get her home I will get pics posted. At least it should be a good time to get to know the car, because it is a 4 1/2 hr drive to the house. Thanks to you all for the welcomes.:coolnana::nanner::nanner2:
Car shipping companies are usually individual contractors on a list, where a dealer, or the company puts in a bid, then a driver has to come pick the car up
decide if he wants to pick up more on the way etc etc etc etc.

Basically, from what I hear, it's mostly hit or miss.

Privately owned car shipping businesses are usually more reliable.

Not sure what you used, GL getting your car.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
My car was several days late arriving....driver claims he had mechanical problems with his truck.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:nanner:Yes, Yes only 4.5hr, OK I know. The thing is when I am home I also have my own co. I have jobs I have to do and not a lot of time to take trips. (This time of year its a-holes and e-bows). I had a job planed for Thurs, but told them they would have to wait till Mon. (Just a little white lie) I figured if I was takin off Thurs, might as well take off Fri, Sat and Sun to get to know my new toy. Anyway It will be here on Thrus. and I am:nanner::nanner2: and plan to be :shift: and havin fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I just had a mostly good shipping experience using Mercury Auto Transport as the broker who contracted with Lamb Transports as the shipper. The car came from Hollywood, CA to Central Wisconsin mostly on-time, and in great shape.

My advise is to communicate, communicate, communicate. Follow-up on everything, otherwise Murphy's Law takes over. Never assume that the broker is communicating with the shipper's dispatcher, never assume that the dispatcher is communicating with the driver, and never assume that the driver is communicating with the person holding the car. Stay on the phone and e-mail until everything is complete.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I waited 18 months for mine......:shrug:

·
Registered
526 Posts
NEVER pay somebody to bring a car to you. It is more fun to go get it.:shift:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy sheet! Minnis, where were you when I needed you!!! Sounds like a person who know the importance of a new toy!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Four and half hours.. It took me a few days, I flied to Holland, drived from Holland to Germany and then took a ferry back to Finland. But it was worth it.:)

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would agree> It is more fun to go git it your self. I work in Mexico for a month and them come home to all the calls for service here, and don't have a lot of time to play anymore. With my new Lotus, I think I might cut down on the work at home and spend more time with the kids. (And my new car!!!!!) I might get back into auto-x again. Anyway, I had to promis my wife I would come home after I pick up the car. I told her I would, but had my fingers crossed. HeHe! That 4.5hr trip might turn into 8 to 10 hr.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts