The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a prospective owner, I’m looking at a car located in Las Vegas and I live on the central coast of California. It’s a great car and has so few miles it has the original tires, so that combined with the pandemic has me not wanting to fly out and drive it back at the moment.

Has anyone had any luck with shipping companies they could recommend? I’m not interested in getting caught in the broker mess that comes with getting a million quotes.

looking for someone who will genuinely take care of the car and have a fair price. Let me know!

·
Registered
431 Posts
If I was having another car transported I would trust Exotic Car Transport again 888 308 0173 exoticcartransport.com
Their trucks are circulating the Country, you make arrangements and then they call driver and reroute one for you

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've used Thomas C. Sunday Inc twice and they are great. I highly recommend them. They specialize in classic cars. They use their own trucks (they are not a broker), and all their trucks are covered.. Here's the contact information:

Thomas C. Sunday Inc.
24 E Main Street, P O Box 217 (225.36 mi)
New Kingstown, Pennsylvania 17072
Get Directions
Highlights info row image

(717) 697-0939

·
Registered
193 Posts
Used Blackhorse carriers.. I live in the DC area and some early model Ford was on the truck with my car headed to a Smithsonian museum in DC.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I just flew partway to mine, borrowed my brothers truck and rented a trailer and towed it back to his city. Next step will be similar.
Btw, returning trailer to the same rental place is WAY cheaper than one-way rental so you could borrow a truck local and go get it yourself. :geek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rent a car and drive to LV. One way car rentals are reasonable. Enjoy driving your Lotus home.
that was my original plan however the car I’m looking at has under 10k miles and the original tires which I don’t want to risk on the long drive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
that was my original plan however the car I’m looking at has under 10k miles and the original tires which I don’t want to risk on the long drive.
I purchased a low mileage Elise with original tires. You will have to replace them immediately like I did. You could arrange for a reliable Las Vegas tire dealer to install a new set( make sure they know how to jack up an Elise. I had the tire dealer use a floor jack and do one side at a time to be safe). I got Continental Extreme Contact Sport 195/50/16 front and 225/45/17 rear tires. Good for street use. You could also have the local LV Lotus dealer service the car(fluids).

Finding a reliable carrier can be daunting. It is a wild west show out there. Might call Shinoo at Inokinetic. I believe their regular carrier is based out of Portland Oregon. At least they are on the west coast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts