The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good experience with/would recommend a car shipping company for an Elise from east coast to Dallas? (figured this was the best place to post this in the forum, feel free to move it to a more appropriate place)

·
Registered
4,117 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I used PDQ Auto Movers as a broker 888-737-3211. They found an awesome open trailer shipping company to move my ebay exige from SD to CT. They used Lilli Transport Inc 605-334-9500. They were a great company to deal with. Cost $770.

Good Luck

·
Registered
121 Posts
Intercity Lines... The best I have found. They moved a porsche and my lotus for me. When they dropped off the lotus, it shared a stall with a new ferrari, a Porsche 996 turbo, and an rs4 audi. Talk about high company!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
i had mine shipped open tralier.
I asked for, and got, a "top load", meaning its up on the top rack out of reach from people.

the only way i would opt for enclosed is if it were a collectable car that wouldnt be driven , and only used for shows.

having the car delivered in an open trailer is no different that driving it as far as being exposed to the elements.

I paid ~ $700 from pittsburgh to AZ. a few years back.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I went with Mercury Transport to ship my Elise (enclosed) from Hollywood to central Wisconsin in March for $1300. It worked out well.

Mercury, like others are transportation brokers who bid out your shipment to a qualified shipper at a pre-agreed price. They take a cut, but usually they can find the available trucks easier and get a lower price than an individual can get in the end. I worked with Kat at Mercury (she's kind of brassy, but she gets the job done).

I was able to track the shipment and talk to the driver as the car was shipped. My advise is to communicate clearly and often to make sure all the right connections are made. Murphy's law takes over if you just assume that everyone involved is on the same page.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Does anyone have a good experience with/would recommend a car shipping company for an Elise from east coast to Dallas? (figured this was the best place to post this in the forum, feel free to move it to a more appropriate place)
I had a pretty acceptable experience going through Angels Moving Autos for transporting from Cary, NC to Dallas. They are just a broker/dispatcher, and on what they could control, they did okay. The actual shipping company, ABR Productions & Transport, picked up the car a day late, but got it to me unharmed and in good shape in a reasonable amount of time. Cost was about $1 per mile for an enclosed trailer.

Wrote a lengthy review here...though Angels Moving Autos never sent me my $25 Target Gift card for writing a review. For that, I will :thwack: them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts