The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need to ship my Exige from LA to NYC. Any recommendations?

Preferably, they pick it up/I drop it off and I keep the keys then I pick it up from some location on the other side.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
OP: I used uShip.com to get quotes and checked that the carrier had current insurance & bond. I paid ~$360 to have it shipped form NC to MD and the single car carrier delivered it the next day. I highly recommend them. I'll post their contact info if interested, but I believe they only do east coast deliveries.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Hi,

I need to ship my Exige from LA to NYC. Any recommendations?

Preferably, they pick it up/I drop it off and I keep the keys then I pick it up from some location on the other side.
Whoever ships your car is going to need the keys to unload and load the car... unless it is their only load (doubtful) and you meet them at the other side when they arrive. The cars come on/off the trailer quite a bit during the trip for logistical reasons.

Horseless Carriage http://www.horselesscarriage.com/

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Whoever ships your car is going to need the keys to unload and load the car... unless it is their only load (doubtful) and you meet them at the other side when they arrive. The cars come on/off the trailer quite a bit during the trip for logistical reasons.

Horseless Carriage Enclosed Auto Transport, Enclosed Auto Shipping, Classic Car Storage - Horseless Carriage Carriers
search is your friend, this has been discussed a dozen times, and the same names keep coming up good and bad.

horseless shipped mine, and i recommend dealer to dealer (type business)... much easier than door to door. the truck could show up... um... whenever! i left mine a FMOW, and picked it up at symbolic.

·
Registered
111 Posts
After quite a few of my friends had used 1st Call Auto Haul, I gave Eric a shout as I was buying my car from a private seller in the Utah/Nevada area. Price was lower than Horseless Carriage and his customer service was top notch. I'd use him for my next cross-country delivery.

You can mention Kevin with the Lotus, shouldn't change the price but I know he cares about word-of-mouth and keeping referral customers happy.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I used Intercity when I bought my Elise. Absolutely awesome job, I would recommend them above everyone. They had to move the Aston Martin DBS to get my car out... :)

Intercity Lines, Inc.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After quite a few of my friends had used 1st Call Auto Haul, I gave Eric a shout as I was buying my car from a private seller in the Utah/Nevada area. Price was lower than Horseless Carriage and his customer service was top notch. I'd use him for my next cross-country delivery.

You can mention Kevin with the Lotus, shouldn't change the price but I know he cares about word-of-mouth and keeping referral customers happy.

[email protected]
FTW, thanks! Eric is getting me set up. Taking care of biz and $1100 less than Horseless.

Thanks for all the other recommendations. Intercity wasn't answering their phone...

·
Registered
111 Posts
FTW, thanks! Eric is getting me set up. Taking care of biz and $1100 less than Horseless.

Thanks for all the other recommendations. Intercity wasn't answering their phone...
Glad to hear he got you taken care of. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts