The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Perfect. They got to my car two days after the call. Took them 5 days to get it to my house. Very professional.

The carriage was enclosed with tarps on the sides. It was not a complete air tight enclosure. So the car came with a thick layer on dust on it. So if you expect an air tight, temperature control trailer, this is not it. For the price of $1200 from NY to SF, I thought it was a fantastic deal. Would use them again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I used Hog Haulers for shipping my Elise. Very professional. Fast and cheap. When the car arrived battery was dead, truck driver stayed with me until I could get the car started.
Pics of my car being unloaded here.
Just got two quotes: Hog Haulers - $1950 (enclosed truck with walls)
Cosmos - $1290 (trailer with tarps?)

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's quite a difference, are both point to point and insured? You might want to get a quote from DAS as well (but do not under any circumstances let them near your car).
Wouldn't they have to be insured? I'm just looking into this myself and an online search brought me here, which made me think all shippers have to be insured point to point. Have you used DAS before? They're a name I've seen pop up a couple times too.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts