The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have many of you bought one out of state and had it shipped to you? Ever had any problems?
The Evora i bought is in Plano Tx at Park Place Lotus/Jag and i'm having it brought to me in an enclosed Transporter. For some reason, i am a wee bit nervous, this is my first time to have a car shipped to me.
I have always heard horror stories about transport companies.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Which one did you get from them? While I don't have any experience/advice about transport, I do live just down the street from that dealer, so if you need anyone to stop over there and watch them load it or whatever, let me know. I'm always looking for an excuse to go there anyway ;)

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Mine was shipped to me enclosed with no issues. It was an in-state shipment from Austin to Dallas (approx. 3.5 hour drive). As long as the carrier is fully insured you should have no worries. I already had insurance covering it on my end too before it shipped, just for added peace of mind. ;) Park Place in Plano is my local dealer too. I would've bought from them, but they started ordering IPS only models & didn't have my color at the time. Austin had it fresh off the boat with all options, so I bit. :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
No worries!

Mine was shipped over 2,000 miles. It's arrival really stirred things up in my neighborhood!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I used Intercity Lines to ship my Exige from CO to OH. It was also my first time shipping a car and was also nervous. However they did a great job and the car showed up on time and was flawless. The wait can be hard but it's well worth it. Enjoy your new ride when it arrives!

Attachments

·
Registered
857 Posts
If you have a tow vehicle you could always make a trip out of it and bring it back on a uhaul trailer. Should save some money and the vehicle won't leave your sight.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bought my Exige in Dallas and drove it back to Michigan. When I bought my Evora I didn't have the time to go out and get it in Portland. The dealer recommended Pilot transport and everything went smooth. Car actually arrived 3 days early.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine was transported to me from Austin, TX to Midland, TX (330 miles) and I had it transported round trip for its 1000 miles service. I a month I will be transported round trip again for its 9500 mile service. They do it all the time. No worries.

Congrats on the car!

·
Premium Member
7,512 Posts
Don't sweat it. Actually safest way to transport a car is in one of those carriers

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Congrats on the purchase! Which one did you get from them? While I don't have any experience/advise about transport, i do live just down the street from that dealer, so if you need anyone to stop over there and watch them load it or whatever, let me know. I'm always looking for an excuse to go there anyway ;)
It's the white over red 2012 IPS...and thank you so much!!!! I had the salesman do the walk around with me on the phone asking if there are dings/chips/scratches and he said "none that i can find" ...hmmm, now normally i never trust a car salesman so i don't know what to think. But i did buy her and am waiting for the arrival of the enclosed transport truck. I think some are stuck up north due to bad weather...hoping to find one closer down south!

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used Intercity Lines to ship my Exige from CO to OH. It was also my first time shipping a car and was also nervous. However they did a great job and the car showed up on time and was flawless. The wait can be hard but it's well worth it. Enjoy your new ride when it arrives!

this is very pretty!

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you have a tow vehicle you could always make a trip out of it and bring it back on a uhaul trailer. Should save some money and the vehicle won't leave your sight.

We have an H2 with a blower and a nice enclosed car hauler that my hubby takes to the track to track his Z06 but we are so far from Tx and the time involved is a no go. Would much rather pay to have her brought and save the wear on the H2/tires etc.. :)

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
My car's been transported to the dealer and back in an enclosed carrier with no problems. You'll be fine. ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
So you're buying the car sight unseen? Seems like maybe you could fly to Dallas and check it out and then drive/ship it home? I'm sure the folks at Lotus Plano would pick you up at the airport.

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So you're buying the car sight unseen? Seems like maybe you could fly to Dallas and check it out and then drive/ship it home? I'm sure the folks at Lotus Plano would pick you up at the airport.

yeah, no...the time involved with that is not an option.. job wise etc..
Yes, i saw a zillion pics of it but essentially sight unseen..:) by the time i buy the plane ticket, gas etc...it's cheaper to have her brought to me in a transport. :)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.
Enclosed transport should not be a problem (assuming no major weather related issues). Driver will have detailed inspection sheet, which should be carefully reviewed.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
white on red is a nice choice

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrats on your new car man! Got mine shipped enclosed from California to Washington state, took only 1 day! The cargo looked safe and there were other exotics like McLaren and Aston Martin in it. There should not be any problem, since dealerships have probably dealt with many out-of-state purchases before. You will be asked to sign an inspection sheet upon receiving your new baby. If there's any problem just report it and let your dealership know.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1388863617.594024.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Woman. :eek:

April, I've never shipped a car but I haven't heard of any issues with enclosed trailers delivery, and with Lotus, that happens more than other cars since the dealer network isn't like BMW or Porsche.

Congrats on your new car man!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts