The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone had shop recomendation in denver for a oil change and possibly trany and brake fluid. if all goes well i will be picking up my new 07 exige in denver and driving it back to california next week. the ppi at the dealer recomended fluid changes but i would prefer to have it done at an independent shop. any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Sorry, I do my own work so I cant recommend any shops.

If you want. We can do the oil and trans at my house. From what I understand the breaks are a bit of a challenge and I would not want to learn on your car.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Same here, I do all my own work. My advice, drive it home as is and get it all done locally. The drive won't hurt it (unless it's on it's last legs in which case you don't want it). Then you can find a local shop and start working with them.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Where in Denver do you live? I do all my service myself. It is easy to do what you are talking about.

It would be nice to know if there is a good shop that has alot of experience with lotus Elises/Exiges in Denver or Colorado springs

Ed

·
Registered
81 Posts
My car was serviced at Ferrari of Denver... I was very pleased with their work, and would take my car back to them if needed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advice and thanks doug porsche for the offer. i do my own work also and $185 at the dealer for oil and filter seemed high to me. i am debating between waiting until i get home or having it done while i'm in denver. the oil only has about 1k miles but has not been changed in a little over two years. thanks again.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
With 1k miles, drive it home (watch the temps and if it gets hot shut it off) change it there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts