The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here in Southern CA. I’ve owned quite a few sports cars over the years but it’s been 4 years of practical commuter cars since selling my last M3. Finances are looking up so now I’ve got some $ to burn and the wife insists I finally get a new toy. My head says 997 Carrera S (or possibly Cayman S and save some $ for track days), but my heart says Lotus Elise. The problem is, while I’ve driven plenty of Porsche’s, I’ve never even ridden in an Elise. I’d really like to drive one, preferably in anger, to help focus my decision. I wouldn’t feel right test driving a private owner’s car just to wind up passing on it, I know these things aren’t exactly plentiful. So I’m open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance and I look forward to researching my near future purchase here.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,368 Posts
The Elise isn't that hard to find due to the numbers. The Exige is a bit more difficult to find. Either one shouldn't be a problem with enough budget.

I'm sure someone local would give you a ride in their Elise.

San

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking around but so far I only see an SC in Anaheim (Which I'd prefer to steer clear of, because then I might want one), and a base 2005 in San Diego at another dealer but that's on consignment, so still sort of like a private party. I'll continue to keep my eye out for dealer sales though. Thank you!

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Yes definitely go for a ride or drive a Lotus.

My experience being in a friend's Cayman vs owning my Elise:

Cayman - plush / solid

Elise - very raw / exciting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts