The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pic of the SY car.

With the Elise, Lotus will add dealers

Lotus Cars U.S.A. will expand its dealer network by 25% now that it has finally launched a new model.

The English sports car maker began deliveries of its Elise roadster in July. The two-seater is the first new Lotus in the United States in nearly three decades.

The Elise is priced at $40,780, including destination.

Lotus expects to bring in 1,100 Elises in 2004 and about 2,400 in the fiscal year that starts April1, 2005, says John English, CEO of the U.S. subsidiary.

Meanwhile, Lotus plans to expand the retial network from 40 dealers to about 50 by the second quarter of next year, English says. The 40th dealership, Desert Europena in Palm Desert, was added in June.

The largest dealerships are expected to sell 100-140 Elises a year, and the smallest about 10-12 cars, English says.

The ELise will be the only vehicle sold by Lotus dealerships.

Deliveries of the $94,000 Esprit, launched in United States in 1976, ended about 2 months ago, English says. Lotus saus it has sold about 60 Esprits this year and about 150 in 2003.

Dealers have survived the product drought because all are dualed, mainly with high-line luxury brands.

The Elise has been on sale in Europe since 1996. But because of high demand there, a decision to export the car to the United States was not made until 18 months ago.
I have seen better reporting.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Yes, interesting that they still use the old MSRP for their press coverage.
:no:

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
The 40th dealership, Desert European in Palm Desert, was added in June.
what the hell? I thought it was in January? I put my deposit there in April! I guess it wasn't official?? Aaaa, whatever...

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
shay2nak said:
what the hell? I thought it was in January? I put my deposit there in April! I guess it wasn't official?? Aaaa, whatever...
Desert European placed orders with Lotus in March, for the second round of orders, so they were a dealer at that time. This looks more like something a local reporter put together than a Lotus press release.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ConeFusion said:
Yes, interesting that they still use the old MSRP for their press coverage.
:no:
ChrisB said:
Desert European placed orders with Lotus in March, for the second round of orders, so they were a dealer at that time. This looks more like something a local reporter put together than a Lotus press release.
Exactly. Poorly put together and full of inaccuracies.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Exactly. Poorly put together and full of inaccuracies.
Welcome to the new world of reporting. We can no longer trust the major media. They've become too lazy and too biased to test their facts. Sad.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
Welcome to the new world of reporting. We can no longer trust the major media. They've become too lazy and too biased to test their facts. Sad.
Sad but True.
Self serving low line reporters, no research skills and prone to distort whatever they get their mitts into.
probably wanted a murder or political assignment.
m

1 - 8 of 8 Posts