The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I have had a loss in power while the engine stuttered. It lasted a second or two. What disconcerts me a little, is the fact that it happened in an uphill right hand bend. ("Bergwerk" at the Nürburgring Nordschleife)

It felt like fuel starvation. However, the tank was half full and I thought that fuel starvation would occur only in "left" hand bends (I've experienced this already in my previous EliseR's).

Shortly after, I noticed, that the battery tell tale lighted up intermittently. Slowing down, didn't help. The light flashed up very irregularily. It occured maybe 10 times on 10km of road (half way through the North Loop), "some times" in the following events :
- when I declutched
- normal forward driving
- start up of the engine
- reving while the car was standing (sometimes at low revs, sometimes at high revs)

A later read-out of the ECU didn't reveal any error codes!! The battery was also tested and did charge.

What can be the cause of this? A simple loose contact somewhere ? Why is there no error code and why did the engine stutter in the right hand bend? Can it be related ?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I haven't had the time yet to go and search for loose contacts as I'm currently on holiday.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts