The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife cannot reach the passneger foot rest in our elise. Does anyone know of a foot rest extension for the passnger side of the car?

-drc-

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i doubt anyone who's not fairly tall can reach the footrest, as far back as the passenger seat is bolted into place, but is using the footrest really necessary for comfort?..i haven't ridden as passenger in my car often, but it's never bothered me and nobody's ever complained...

...if it bothers her, i don't see any reason why you couldn't just keep a small pillow down there, considering that the central strut separates both footwells...some people have reported good results using the JL stealthbox as a footrest, too...

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
On the S1 Elise you could move the footrest forward.

You just need to trim your carpet and put some strong velcro on the floor to move your footrest forward.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts

You just need to trim your carpet and put some strong velcro on the floor to move your footrest forward.
This is also true of all Federal S2 cars.

xtn

·
Registered
315 Posts

likewise on the S2... it's just held on with velcro. The more you move it forward the more space will be visible on the sides as the footrest is angled to fit further down. Not to many people ever reach the foot rest in my car... it's never been a problem...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all. This will take care of the issue. She is mostly concerend when we are doing a little spirited driving or she is riding right seat on the track...when she is in the driver seat no issues...

-drc-

·
Registered
744 Posts
No wonder, I was always wondering why there's this crooked velcro looking thing under my passenger side footrest, now that makes sense.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
thanks all. This will take care of the issue. She is mostly concerend when we are doing a little spirited driving or she is riding right seat on the track...when she is in the driver seat no issues...

-drc-
Harness will solve that problem.. :)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I tried moving it once for my shorter legged gf but didn't find it held too well. I suspect you will run into the same issue if you rely solely on velcro if you are doing some spirited driving. If you don't mind popping a couple of small holes in the carpet I'm sure you can use a couple of more permanent/semi-permanent fasteners to secure it better.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I tried moving it once for my shorter legged gf but didn't find it held too well. I suspect you will run into the same issue if you rely solely on velcro if you are doing some spirited driving. If you don't mind popping a couple of small holes in the carpet I'm sure you can use a couple of more permanent/semi-permanent fasteners to secure it better.
You need to velcro it to the alloy floor of the car not the carpet.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Lotus makes a replacement passenger foot rest. I believe Bob Collum (Rcollum on LotusTalk) has bought one - it's a special oder item from the dealer. The original foot rest is removed and the replacement is put in it's place - and it extends closer to the passenger seat. I don't remember the cost, and I couldn't find it in a quick search of the forum, but I know that they are available.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Probably easier just to find a new wife with long legs.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts