The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a small trailer that can fit an Exige that is under 18.5 feet in total length?

Both of the small Trailex trailers are 19.5' long which is just barely too long for the garage space I have available. I can't store a trailer in my yard (no double wide gate) or in the driveway (HOA :facepalm ) so I'm a little limited on options.

Thanks

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, Google is amazing.

I found out the Featherlite 3110 14' model meets my requirements:

That trailer is incredibly expensive though... anyone else have any other ideas? I could always rent a lot at the storage place down the street also but it kind of defeats the purpose of having a readily available trailer.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Got a Trailex right here in town with tire rack. Since it is 19.2" it would require some drywall work in the back of the garage. :evil: Otherwise I can only see where the tongue can be shortened by 3".

·
Registered
412 Posts
I used to have a Brunton trailer for my Birkin. Trailers - Brunton Auto

I needed to be able to park it in my garage with my Birkin on it. I gave them the dimensions and they custom built the trailer to fit in the space I had. :)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,686 Posts
I can only see where the tongue can be shortened by 3".
-eek- .................she wouldn't like THAT at all ! :evil:

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a Trailex right here in town with tire rack. Since it is 19.2" it would require some drywall work in the back of the garage. :evil: Otherwise I can only see where the tongue can be shortened by 3".
Arg so close! Want to do a trailer time share? :) I would gladly rent yours from time to time.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
I have that Featherlight. Decent trailer, perhaps not as nice or light as a Trailex but suites the Elige just fine. Can't carry any cars of "normal" size though.

image.jpg

·
Registered
313 Posts
Have one made,with your specs. Go to a competent welder and give him your specs.
Featherlite is a great trailer. If you think that model is crazy expensive,look into a chain or a rope!
Seriously, a competent welder can make a small steel model to your specs.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Arg so close! Want to do a trailer time share? :) I would gladly rent yours from time to time.
Not a problem here. You need to see it and be comfortable with 70" bed width. That leaves about an inch of clearance for the rear track. Come see it. In the winter it is at the shop at 130 S Swan. Call to be sure I am on premises.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome, thanks azac! I'll give you a call. Next track day is in early January for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts