The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried to do a search....but, is there a short shifter kit available for the 2005 Elise?

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dang....has anyone makeshifted or cut down the shaft length?

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Auto Europe does a shortened shifter mod. They just make the shifter shorter in height. i had it done to my car and i like it.

They also bend the shifter to the left as they way it is is for RHD.

This gives it the illusion that the throw is shorter although it really is not.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great!...can you give me info where they are located?
though i'm in socal

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
great!...can you give me info where they are located?
though i'm in socal
Auto Europe is located just outside of detroit. give them a call 248 645 6300. talk to tom and tell him i sent you. i am sure that you can just send them your shifter to do the mod.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
b & m makes one but they arent available anymore. Not too many positive things about that shifter kit

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I have the B&M. It doesn't have shorter throws. It was a great solution to the early '05 shifters that broke. But then Lotus fixed the design and did a recall ...

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Auto Europe does a shortened shifter mod. They just make the shifter shorter in height. i had it done to my car and i like it.

They also bend the shifter to the left as they way it is is for RHD.

This gives it the illusion that the throw is shorter although it really is not.
So all they do is add a gooseneck?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Um... if it's a shorter lever, it results in a shorter throw at the ball.

How can you say it isn't really a shorter throw?

xtn

·
Registered
815 Posts
I find the throw in my Lotus to be very short from the factoy. Even shorter than my M3 with SSK.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
evilelise said:
well, i have an 05 lotus....... and my shifter just broke!!! im sunk, what do i do
Is it a hex shaft or round?

If it is hex shaped shaft you will get it replaced at a dealership under the recall at no cost to you.

If it is round, it has already been replaced and you buy another.

·
Registered
531 Posts
well, i have an 05 lotus....... and my shifter just broke!!! im sunk, what do i do
COnsidering the cost of a replacement shifter cable, and shifter (not sure which part your talking about exactly), there are two guys on this board that have come up with a beefier shifter cable, and another guy who made a short-shift kit (at the transmission end) I believe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts