The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my car since 2005 and would like to put a short throw shifter in. Is there a kit that most of you prefer? Seems like most of the posts are fairly old. Thanks

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Only one I can think of is the Letsla. MWR sells them. Search the forum and you will find lots of info.

·
Administrator
2,094 Posts
LETSLA for short shift adjustability SSC shift and crossgate cables for smoother shifting along with Stan's mod or a shift reinforcer to keep flax down in the shifter. MWR sells them all

Reactions: me73

·
gday
59 Posts
i have the inokinetic shiftr111 package with cables and reinforcer along with a letsla short shifter. The IK parts contributed to probably 70% of the shift feel improvement - I did the letsla last and it really put it over the top. All parts as a complete kit completely transformed the driving experience - if I could do it all over again it would be one of my first mods for sure.

·
Less is Better
2,698 Posts
Note that the only kit's that I'm aware of are, as noted above, changing the shift at the transmission end. There is no lever end kit that I've seen.

·
Registered
339 Posts
There is no lever end kit that I've seen.
The AliTech shifter had additional positions for the cable to lengthen or shorten the throw from standard.
Cheers.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Our short throw kit is installed at the gearbox and is fixed for simplicity/reliability. Ours offers a 19% reduction - which I think is perfect as these gearboxes do not like really fast shifts. This reduction is noticeable in throw length and helps reduce slop in the throw. See it: here

You can watch the install video (starts at 1:45min): HERE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts