The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

short throw shifter for 2005 Elise

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  shinoo 
#1 ·
I have had my car since 2005 and would like to put a short throw shifter in. Is there a kit that most of you prefer? Seems like most of the posts are fairly old. Thanks

#2 ·
Only one I can think of is the Letsla. MWR sells them. Search the forum and you will find lots of info.

#3 ·
LETSLA for short shift adjustability SSC shift and crossgate cables for smoother shifting along with Stan's mod or a shift reinforcer to keep flax down in the shifter. MWR sells them all

Reactions: me73
#6 ·
i have the inokinetic shiftr111 package with cables and reinforcer along with a letsla short shifter. The IK parts contributed to probably 70% of the shift feel improvement - I did the letsla last and it really put it over the top. All parts as a complete kit completely transformed the driving experience - if I could do it all over again it would be one of my first mods for sure.

#9 ·
Our short throw kit is installed at the gearbox and is fixed for simplicity/reliability. Ours offers a 19% reduction - which I think is perfect as these gearboxes do not like really fast shifts. This reduction is noticeable in throw length and helps reduce slop in the throw. See it: here

You can watch the install video (starts at 1:45min): HERE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.