The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's not the Elise. That honor goes to Morgan Aero 8. It stands Only 3.58 feet high. Next? The Elise at only 3.66 feet high.

The Mini is the shortest car length wise and I believe the Jeep Wrangler is also shorter length wise than the Elise (provided you don’t count the spare tire).

Opps... I stand corrected the Saleen is even shorter than the Morgan. It stands 3.41 feet tall:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a Suzuki Samurai I use for off-roading, it measures a mere 135 inches, shorter than the Mini by almost 8 inches.

Since the Samurai is lifted and handles like a truck it should be interesting when I move between it and the Lotus, different worlds, but each suited to what they do best. I almost never drive the Samurai on road (stabilty is an issue in even a stock Samurai), and god forbid I take the Elise off...

TheProton

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
TheProton said:
I have a Suzuki Samurai I use for off-roading
I thought "Suziki Samurai" and "Off-roading" were like oxy-morons. ;)

hehe j/k ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I refuse to get in a Samurai based flame war on an Elise forum, BUT they are actually quite capable when built correctly, and have actually placed well in a few rockcrawling champs. As we all know a light vehicle with a smaller engine can be very capable compared to a heavy vehicle with a lot of horsepower. In some ways its the Elise of the off-road world....well maybe not.

Biggest advantage is they are cheap, so I can drive between shrubs and trees or get some dents without worry, tough in a Cayanne.

Attached is a pict of mine with tail hanging out a little rally style. They are fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I thought the shortest car might be the Delorean, or the Triumph TR8:confused:

but I was thinking of shortest production run time, not shortest height.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts