The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Instrument cluster replaced and the local dealer said they couldn't program the odometer to read the real miles. I just don't want it to affect future resale value.

I have read the threads saying that it CAN be done.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i had a new cluster put in... they gave me a sticker with org mileage that they placed inside the sill.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had a new cluster put in... they gave me a sticker with org mileage that they placed inside the sill.
Thats what they did with mine. So.. you feel that it won't be a problem in the future?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
no i dont think so, if anything, i ended up with the nicer 06 cluster..

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
A friend of mine had the same thing done, the dealer said that it couldnt be changed to the actual mileage, however it has the updated 06 speedo with the differant tick marks, and the light for the traction control.

I hope Lotus is reporting that the OD was changed somewhere on the DMV records or Carfax since it looks like it would be easy to remove the sticker and a future buyer might not know the real mileage. You would think that the ECU would keep track of this somewhere since it records total running hours, speeds, time at certaint rpms, etc.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
The dealers are wrong, Lotus uses a company in norcal(i think) to set the clusters to the correct odo, you could try contacting your local lotus rep, not the dealer. I did have the name of it once, but i've forgotten the place, next time i talk to the rep i'll ask.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Had our cluster replaced. Twice...

Also got upgraded to 06 cluster. Have 2 stickers inside the door. Still have to reset the cluster every week or so.

What on our car could cause so many cluster problems?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
The dealers are wrong, Lotus uses a company in norcal(i think) to set the clusters to the correct odo, you could try contacting your local lotus rep, not the dealer. I did have the name of it once, but i've forgotten the place, next time i talk to the rep i'll ask.
Please ask him where my "dial-a-slide" knob is.
;)

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
oh i know where it is!

I think lotus just had some bad luck with the cluster makers, twice, the motor seems to be the first problem, hopefully the 08 has fixed it.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
oh i know where it is!

I think lotus just had some bad luck with the cluster makers, twice, the motor seems to be the first problem, hopefully the 08 has fixed it.
Please don't tell me they can retrofit the '08 cluster, I need the cash for other things.
(Said while holding hammer in one hand and key fob in the other.)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am in Ohio. How would I find out who my local Lotus rep is?Doing what the subject of this thread is? Just Call Lotus Usa? Btw Charlie I think it was your post that i read it could be done.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Probably was, I heard it from Dave Simkin directly after a discussion about the clusters, try HQ first, they might put you in touch with Dave.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Probably was, I heard it from Dave Simkin directly after a discussion about the clusters, try HQ first, they might put you in touch with Dave.
Ok I will.

Does this mean I have to send the cluster somewhere though?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Yeah, cluster reprogramming places are all over it appears, but the one with the right tools i believe is in cali.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Any update?

I am getting a new cluster and I want the miles to remain correct.

Thanks,

Ron

1 - 20 of 21 Posts