The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
My only problem is small leaks at both A pillars when it is exposed to a high pressure situation with water. Normal rain causes small leaks if it sits still. I keep it in my garage but I have driven in the rain. I did ask a tech at a lotus dealership about this Common problem and he replied that he had tried to fix this problem and has been unable to find a solution.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I daily drive my Evora 400 for 2-1/2 years. I daily drove my Elise for 11. Its the one thing in every day that is certain to make me smile. I say do it ! You can still do those special drives on nice days.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I recommend daily driving your Evora and, if you have space to keep the Honda, do that. I daily drive my ‘13 Evora S - like you, approximately 7,000 miles annually. I have a 2003 Lexus ES300 with 205,000 miles. My wife daily drives that - even though it’s got suspension problems. It’s not dangerous, but I hate driving it; my wife loves it and she’ll drive it into the ground. We also have a ‘11 Honda Odyssey, which I bought for her, but now she says it’s too big to drive and park. I drive the van occasionally, but I’ve never been a van or truck guy. Anyway, my wife drove her cars until they died since she first bought a car, before we met. However, I used to buy a new car every 2 to 4 years - just like my dad. My wife broke me of that habit by practically nagging me to death. But, as long as I have my Lotus, I’m thrilled to have it and don’t care what she drives. We’re both happy as can be. By the way, she couldn’t care less about having designer clothes, jewelry, designer shoes, etc.

·
Registered
240 Posts
even though it’s got suspension problems. It’s not dangerous, but I hate driving it; my wife loves it and she’ll drive it into the ground. We also have a ‘11 Honda Odyssey, which I bought for her, but now she says it’s too big to drive and park. I drive the van occasionally, but I’ve never been a van or truck guy. Anyway, my wife drove her cars until they died since she first bought a car, before we met. However, I used to buy a new car every 2 to 4 years - just like my dad. My wife broke me of that habit by practically nagging me to death. But, as long as I have my Lotus, I’m thrilled to have it and don’t care what she drives. We’re both happy as can be. By the way, she couldn’t care less about having designer clothes, jewelry, designer shoes, etc.
congrats kenhicks, you are very lucky to have an ideal wife :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I daily mine spring, summer, and fall, but I live in an area of the PNW where we get significant snow accumulation and therefore don't drive it during the winter. I have driven it in rain, including heavy rain, and had no problems with leaks or anything. My Evora is also a 2011, and frankly depreciation is basically over for those cars. You might lose a little from the mileage, but it's nothing comparable to the depreciation for a 2017 or newer Evora. I have found that it is reliable, comfortable, and enjoyable to drive it everywhere. I'd drive it in the winter if we didn't regularly get a foot or more of snow during the winter, and the car would just high center in that kind of accumulation regardless of tires. If you only get like an inch or two of snow at the most, then I would say winter tires would probably be a good investment. I don't buy winter tires because I'd only be able to use them maybe 3 days a month during the winter.

It is very practical for a daily driven exotic. I mean there is an actual trunk that you can fit groceries in, and if you need more storage space, the back seat (mine is a 2+2) is plenty of room for most larger stuff. I mean, you wont fit a bigscreen TV back there, but you can fit two sets of golf clubs stacked on top of each other.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m 3 months in to my Evora 400. Glad to hear there daily driving stories. I’m daily driving mine between Florida and Nashville.

So far so good.

Other than some minor fixes (airbag cover, etc.) seems good. I’ll prob do 10k per year.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have Daylied mine now for 4 years. Car has about 37,000 miles on it...had 17,000 on it when I purchased it. The only time it left me stuck at home was when the starter died, was able to drop-clutch rolling start it and get it to my local independent lotus shop. I have also had the master clutch cylinder replaced but was lucky it never went out (permanently) during a drive. I think the car is a very comfortable daily driver. I am 6'1" and have plenty of room.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts