The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think? price, de cat much cheaper but the check engine light will comes on. advise please..

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
i got a sport cat with mine cause i have a PPE header and arqray single tip titanium. you need some back pressure in your exhaust and i thought the decat would be too free flowing. especially with my planned SC install

Q

·
0 Posts
I tried both... sport cat, then to a de-cat, then back to a sport cat.

Couldn't stand the gassy smell and extra noise with the de-cat.

Sport cat is a good compromise!

Q

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Decat+arqray single tip=heaven.
deaf heaven. if money were no object i'd go sports cat. but since it is and there is a pretty big swing between the 2, I'm going to de-cat

Q

·
0 Posts
It was the exta gassy smell at startup and while idling at traffic lights etc. I stunk noticbly more of gas while driving the decat then the sport.

Plus it was just too loud.

My setup was a de-snorkel, green filter, 2bular 8x22 and a decat or sport-cat.

I'm happy with the sport cat.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I just added a decat but I also like loud exhausts it is a lot louder and a bit raw sounding now. I did get a CEL so I guess I'll have 2 look into a CEL eliminator.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
decat=$$$ for emissions ticket/violation granted you get caught, is louder, and does smell worse, and CEL can turn on

the price diff with a sport cat from a decat is far less than if you got caught with out a cat...sport cat all the way...esp for a car thats used mostly on the street than the track

·
Registered
382 Posts
Question is how does the decat sound differ from the sports cat? I've only had the stock cat and now the decat is the sports cat much louder than the stock one? Is the tone similar 2 the stock cat? Inquiring minds want 2 know! Or maybe it's just me :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts