The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

should i get the sport cat or de-cat?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  cd4age 
#1 ·
what do you guys think? price, de cat much cheaper but the check engine light will comes on. advise please..

#2 ·
i got a sport cat with mine cause i have a PPE header and arqray single tip titanium. you need some back pressure in your exhaust and i thought the decat would be too free flowing. especially with my planned SC install

G
#5 ·
It was the exta gassy smell at startup and while idling at traffic lights etc. I stunk noticbly more of gas while driving the decat then the sport.

Plus it was just too loud.

My setup was a de-snorkel, green filter, 2bular 8x22 and a decat or sport-cat.

I'm happy with the sport cat.

#7 ·
decat=$$$ for emissions ticket/violation granted you get caught, is louder, and does smell worse, and CEL can turn on

the price diff with a sport cat from a decat is far less than if you got caught with out a cat...sport cat all the way...esp for a car thats used mostly on the street than the track

#8 ·
Question is how does the decat sound differ from the sports cat? I've only had the stock cat and now the decat is the sports cat much louder than the stock one? Is the tone similar 2 the stock cat? Inquiring minds want 2 know! Or maybe it's just me :p

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.