The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I've owned an Elise for 5 years, but recently stumbled on Lotus Ltd . They also have lotus gatherings and the next one is actually driving distance from Raleigh, NC where I live. There are a few OLD posts re: Lotus Ltd on this forum, but nothing current. Just wanted to see what everyone thinks of this car club, what you think about the LOG events if you've attended one and whether I should join?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
707 Posts
LOG40 out in SLC UT was a great time. I actually trailered my car out there from Holly Springs NC.

Get to meet lots of great people and seeing some many Lotus in one spot is also very nice.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Yes, and yes. The Lotus Ltd monthly newsletter is always entertaining, and the membership roster is a great resource for information, assistance, and finding Lotus owners that are in your vicinity. LOG is an unparalleled opportunity to see all kinds of Lotus, and lots of them, up close in person. Both highly recommended.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Car Sky Tire Vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Cloud

where else would you find this many Lotus in one setting?
LOG41 West Virginia bound...

·
Registered
2009 Lotus Elise SC Type 25 Jim Clark
588 Posts
Does anyone know if the annual LOG meeting will ever head out to Southern California? Gonna be tough to make it out to places like Utah or WV.

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Does anyone know if the annual LOG meeting will ever head out to Southern California? Gonna be tough to make it out to places like Utah or WV.
Join your nearest Lotus Ltd. chapter, and see if they would put in a proposal to host.

·
Registered
694 Posts
And then there's the old expression > If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I did....and I've renewed....which says something I guess

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,626 Posts
Log is a good time and if you’re close I’d go. Lotus Ltd is cheap and I think worthwhile, I also need to be a member to be a member of my local Lotus group. I would recommend looking into local clubs as well, ours does a lot of drives and events throughout the year.

·
Registered
2012 Evora S, 2001 Porsche Boxster, 2018 Audi A3
124 Posts
I attended LOG 28(I think) in Birmingham AL in 2009. It was a blast. A ton of fun. I’m planning to go to LOG 41 in my Evora, but I wonder if it will be as good, since there don’t seem to be any tracks around. In Birmingham, we had Barber Point and Talladega, and driving in the track at Talladega was a great experience. One thing is sure though, there will be plenty of beautiful scenic drives.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
LOG events are hosted by clubs affiliated with Lotus Ltd. The southwestern most affiliate club is in Las Vegas, who hosted LOG31 in 2011.

An alternative to LOG events are the West Coast Lotus Meet which are typically presented by the Golden Gate Lotus Club (California), Club Lotus Northwest (Portland OR) or Evergreen Lotus Car Club (Seattle). The last WCLM was in 2019 in Folsom CA. A 2020 WCLM wasn't held to support LOG40 in Salt Lake City, but COVID happened and things were postponed to 2021.

Given that LOG41 is in Virginia Lotus enthusiasts can still participate, and yet maybe looking for an alternative that's closer to home.

There's work afoot for a WCLM in 2022. It's too early to share more info, but watch for announcements. Expected timing is fall.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400
60 Posts

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,305 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Note: I love green but obviously he did not!

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Not adding anything here.... But am I the only one who can't see past the pug pissing on the Elan?
Well thanks a lot 😯. It will be difficult to un-see that, but I'm going to try... 😉

Reactions: casperspt

·
Administrator
9,051 Posts
Popula
Not adding anything here.... But am I the only one who can't see past the pug pissing on the Elan?

Also, planning on being at LOG 41 and looking forward to meeting those of you that can make it there.
Popular dog pose at car shows....
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

• Haha
Reactions: casperspt

·
Registered
105 Posts
I attended LOG 28(I think) in Birmingham AL in 2009. It was a blast. A ton of fun. I’m planning to go to LOG 41 in my Evora, but I wonder if it will be as good, since there don’t seem to be any tracks around. In Birmingham, we had Barber Point and Talladega, and driving in the track at Talladega was a great experience. One thing is sure though, there will be plenty of beautiful scenic drives.
I am considering LOG41, but haven't decided yet. It isn't all that far from there to Summit Point, but I don't know if they have anything scheduled there, since I haven't looked at the event schedule yet (if it is even posted).

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Actually Summit Point is 2+ hrs (125mi) from the LOG41 location, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,903 Posts
Reactions: JPSEsprit044
1 - 20 of 30 Posts