The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get an estimate of 9 days for someone to do some work for me. A member here but he does more looking than posting. So I send him some stuff and pay upfront. Its been 28 days. I keep getting excuses. I was suppose to have things shipped back about 4 different times. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Things would be different if I had gotten more of an accurate time frame up front. On the last "suppose to be shipped" date... which was yesterday. I havent heard from him in 3 days and my emails arent being answered. Things are suppose to be sent back express mail which is overnight. Im at the point now where I will take action if there is no package waiting for me when I get home..........

·
Registered
275 Posts
If there is no package when you get home, post his LT name so none of us make the same mistake, THX

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try to get his phone number from him and talk to him that way, sometimes things get muddled up.

Hope it works out.
He would actually have to respond to his email for that to happen.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have had to wait for some things from folks here as well. Just relax and be patient. You never know what circumstances have arisen in someone's life. And, I usually find the wait to be well worth it!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had to wait for some things from folks here as well. Just relax and be patient. You never know what circumstances have arisen in someone's life. And, I usually find the wait to be well worth it!
Who knows what has happened the last couple days that I have got no response from him but that doesnt make up for the other 26 days. This was originally a 9 day job. When you have someones items and money, you have to do a really good job of communicating with them if something isn't going right or on schedule. Ive made a ton of smooth transactions on here and only 1 that I fumbled. That was when I sold someone some wheel caps but accidentally shipped them to someone else. But from the instant I realized I communicated that the best I could and offered a refund right then. It took about a month for him to finally get them but I did the best I could of making the situation better. This isn't the same situation but that type of communication is needed when things aren't going right.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
It is easy to tell people to wait when it's someone's Else's money. I say gives you a good explanation and soon unless he's in Afghanistan and the US troops won't let him deliver....

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think the "pay upfront" may be the problem. There isn't any need to work for the money if it is already in his/her possession.

I think your patience should have worn thin enough to break by now ;).

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think the "pay upfront" may be the problem. There isn't any need to work for the money if it is already in his/her possession.

I think your patience should have worn thin enough to break by now ;).
Paid upfront? Please, your killin' me. I'm rolling, my sides are sore. Oh, thanks, I needed a good laugh today. Gosh that's funny.

Hey I got this bridge.

Seriously, you are definately a very VERY decent and trusting person. I hope it turns out okay. I doubt it. Just tell him to send the thing back COD.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe too trusting of the person but he does have a legit business with a site that shows good work. Unfortunately another member on here who Im speaking with has a "7 day" project with him that started even before mine did.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
His last activity on here shows a couple hours ago today. So he is actively not responding to my emails. I'll be home soon though.... and I just know that I have a package waiting for me.... I just know I do..........

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
26 Posts
ItsTheMonster. Dude you did not even give me a chance to respond to your email. You lied by saying i have not contacted you in three days. You have emailed me almost every single day since I got your parts. I did not recieve your parts 28 days ago either.. it was more like 20 days. I am trying my darndest to make things right with you. I gave you a large discount on your parts. I even took your order after you admited " you are the worst person to work with". Dude.. give me a chance. Don't fry me before you get your parts. You threatened me to you would come on the forum and bash my company and you didn't even give me 30 hours to respond to your emails. I have not been online for 30 hours or so. Like i say I am working with you on your parts. I did not charge you any return shipping ( even though it is costing me $35) to express mail your parts back to you. I discounted your parts by $100 right off the bat on your quote... then you kept hagling me on the price for more than a week via email.

I'm not trying to bash you It'sTheMonster... these are CUSTOM parts and it takes time to do the job. It is not an "off the shelf" item. I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful, but you really should have waited a day or two for me to at least check my email and get back to you and fix all this. Your parts are 100% completed and look great. I have them boxed up and just need your shipping address. I will pm you my phone number so you can call me. Please call me and do not email me because i am not on the computer 24 hours a day. If you do this you will have your parts by Monday at the very latest and I will send you a tracking number today.

Guy's I'm an easy person to work with and I respect my customers and people in general. I work very hard to produce quality carbon fiber parts and carbon fiber overlays. As I did mention it takes time to do this custom quality work and usually I have about 5 or 6 customer projects ongoing simultaneously. I appreciate your concern for someone who possibly thought they were being ripped off or wronged. I am Have been making every effort with him on his parts and requests. Today I am shipping his parts via Express Mail.

His parts were not a "a few hundred bucks" he paid $240. I paid $140 in materials to my suppliers to do just his job and I am paying $35 out of my own pocket also to ship his parts back to him.

It's The Monster.. I just read you said my last activity was a couple hours ago. I may have been online to check things on the forum, but not on my email at that time. You need to stop lying to folks here about me.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ItsTheMonster. Dude you did not even give me a chance to respond to your email. You lied by saying i have not contacted you in three days. You have emailed me almost every single day since I got your parts. I did not recieve your parts 28 days ago either.. it was more like 20 days. I am trying my darndest to make things right with you. I gave you a large discount on your parts. I even took your order after you admited " you are the worst person to work with". Dude.. give me a chance. Don't fry me before you get your parts. Like i say I am working with you on your parts. I did not charge you any return shipping ( even though it is costing me $35) to express mail your parts back to you. I discounted your parts by $100 right off the bat on your quote... then you kept hagling me on the price for more than a week via email.

I'm not trying to bash you It'sTheMonster... these are CUSTOM parts and it takes time to do the job. It is not an "off the shelf" item. I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful, but you really should have waited 24hrs for me to at least check my email and get back to you. It was not 3 days, and one of your emails threatened that you would come on the forum and bash me. Thanks.
Looking back at the emails it has been a lot more than 24 hours. I did the noble thing and did not yet mention your name on here. you told me 9 days. And it has been more than 20 days. I have the tracking information still. You should have given more of an accurate time frame. If you were having trouble or had a work load that was too big then you should have told me. It has literally been 4 times that the parts were supposed to be finished and shipped. Not once did you say "I just need more time" or anything like that. Not once. Thats not good communication at all. You should expect this when you are working with a lot of people. Im not trying to be rude either. I admitted your site showed good work but you are not having good practices right now. And I didnt really haggle you on the price but I did keep changing the originally order about a million times before I stuck to one and sent them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Quote: "Not once did you say "I just need more time" or anything like that. Not once."

That is completely untrue. I did communicate to you twice that there would be a delay in shipping your parts. I have been in good communication with you through the order process. And yes paying up front is common with parts. Nobody buys parts from a parts business and doesn't pay up front. It is common practice. And I did work VERY hard on his parts at about the rate of $5 an hour. I'm sick of his complaining...sick.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agreed. I am sorry he brought this to the forum before getting in contact with me about his concerns.

I am working with him and his parts are shipping today, once he contacts me via phone.

again, sorry ... thread done

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Well ya gotta admit one thing. Taking it to the forum produced the wanted result, maybe if they just drop it now. Hey mods I think if you close this thread, before the namecalling gets out of hand everybody wins.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts