The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to thank Rapidlotus (Fred) for his help with the repair kit for my broken turn signals clips. He 3D printed me a set and mailed them off to me, Canadian customs got their knickers in a twist, and returned the package for no real reason. Fred reshipped them to my US shipping address, and they came through no problem.

Thanks again Fred, you the man.馃憤
Gesture Font Automotive design Material property Fashion accessory

Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
Glad it worked out the second time! It seems to be a challenge to get past the Canadian Customs. It was explained to me that if they guy had a fight with their wife/boyfriend/girlfriend then there was a good chance it would be turned around for no reason other than "I'm in a bad mood, you will be now too."
Thanks for the write up!
Fred

Registered
2017 Evora 400
I've been around the world 3 times. Canadian customs/immigration is the worst in the world.

Registered
like many things here, especially in BC. Strange. UPS, DHL, FedEx all seem to have it together.
did you ship usps?
I am guessing the declared value was too low, or zero?

Registered
I ordered the repair kit from RapidLotus earlier this summer and had no issues with Canadian customs (shipped to Montreal). As mentioned above, it could just be that the border agent was having a bad day..

Thanks again @RapidLotus, I've put about 9,000km on the car since installing the clip earlier this summer and it's holding strong!

Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
Shipped USPS, declared value was $10. Other methods were twice as expensive. Simple padded envelope, 3 oz, $14. Crazy

Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
I ordered the repair kit from RapidLotus earlier this summer and had no issues with Canadian customs (shipped to Montreal). As mentioned above, it could just be that the border agent was having a bad day..

Thanks again @RapidLotus, I've put about 9,000km on the car since installing the clip earlier this summer and it's holding strong!
Fantastic! I always like to get feedback!

Registered
I would simply say, USPS is USA gov. There is zero corporate kickback to our favourite politicians between gov's, unlike corporations. Or UPS FedEx DHL all need to pay their way, business licence or otherwise.

I will say corporations seem able to skirt the hassle because they are paying for the service. But individuals don't have the option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts