The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being stateside, I like to support JAE with product purchases,

but when it comes to buying Lotus parts from England, Steve (SJSportscars) is just great to work with, and his pricing is great. I just ordered his adjustable suspension for my Esprit, and he took the time to answer all my questions. One of my questions was rather odd.....

I asked him if he was the "steve" that was in the Wheeler Dealers "Lotus" episode, and sure enough, he is that Steve. Steve did add that he has cut his hair since that episode. lol.

Anyways, if you can't find what you need from JAE, give steve a call and check out his website. He is truly and assett to the Esprit world!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been looking at a 20002 tail light conversion and his is the cheapest and you do not have to cut the bumper...but i an still back and forth on upgrading the tail lights. Right now i have used the "niteshades" paint and it looks bad ass.

·
Registered
75 Posts
haha! I didn't put two and two together from the wheeler dealers episode. Cool to put a face with the name.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
I have been looking at a 20002 tail light conversion and his is the cheapest and you do not have to cut the bumper...but i an still back and forth on upgrading the tail lights. Right now i have used the "niteshades" paint and it looks bad ass.
Doesn't his also include the LED lights for that low price?

Who has his conversion? How's the fit of the panel? I see many Esprits with the conversion and it doens't seem like fit is as tight as the factory, but you can never tell which kit they have. And I would like to know about the fiberglass quality? Low quality pieces start to show the fibers in less than a year (from personal experience with other cars) and those pieces look out of place with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yes that includes evereything for us conversion including reflectors and badges. go to his web site and look up tailight conversion. Hard to find but it is on the website and shows pics.

·
Registered
744 Posts
yes that includes evereything for us conversion including reflectors and badges. go to his web site and look up tailight conversion. Hard to find but it is on the website and shows pics.
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4248/rearlightconversion002c.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9648/rearlightconversion001c.jpg

I think he was selling the fiberglass conversion that is overlay type and the "full red" light I mentioned. That is why it's cheaper.

The one in the picture is more expensive style.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Good to know he has an Esprit or two hanging about

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts