The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big shout out to Ron and Dana at Synaptic 3 Engineering. They replaced my cams, installed my RTD brace, did the shift plate, and motor mount bushings. Great job, great attention to detail and a great improvement to the car all around!

So the car now has stage 2 cams, stage 2 exhaust and I will be buying a green filter for it shortly.

Due to shipping issues from UPS my rockers for the cams took some extra time to get there. Ron still did everything he could to get the car to me as soon as possible. Thanks again guys.

So, I had the factory cams replaced due to wear issues and had the stage 2 piper cams put in. I know some people have said they can not feel the difference, but with my seat of the pants Dyno I think that may be due to the now VERY linear acceleration curve. Previously, like all stock Elises after 3k RPM, the engine would plateau a bit until it woke up again at 6k or so. Now, it just pulls hard the whole way through. They still wake up a bit more at 6k but the mid-range is amazing.

That being said, CHECK YOUR CAMS if you have a 2005 car. I will post pics of my rockers and cams to show just how much wear they had at 8000 +/- miles.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next month!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you pls share with us how much it cost? parts & labor (rough estimate) :) Thanks
The cams are 895.00, the rockers are 200.00 labor is about 8 hours at 85.00 an hour. All said and done it was about $1800.00

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
The cams are 895.00, the rockers are 200.00 labor is about 8 hours at 85.00 an hour. All said and done it was about $1800.00

yikes! that's a bit pricey.

i stuck with the OEM cam and rockers from MWR, did the labor myself and it came out to a grand total of about $240

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As promised, I have the pics.

Sorry it took me a little while to get these up, and while the picture quality isn't the best you can see the wear lines and marks on the lobes. They look much worse in person. These came out of my car which had 6k miles it when I bought it and 8k miles when the cams were replaced.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts