The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was cleaning out my car yesterday and found a can of plastidip sitting on the shelf. Well I wasn't fond of the grey door panels in my car so I decided to give it a shot and spray both of them black to give it that matching Black/white interior. Turns out pretty good. Fully reversible if I don't like it. Here are some pictures

Post up your plastidip stuff! Lets see it!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The user Knucklehead painted his entire Lotus in plasticdip. Looked good in the photos.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
The user Knucklehead painted his entire Lotus in plasticdip. Looked good in the photos.
he did? AFAIK, he painted it the dark gray from Lexus. He hasn't been on this forum in years.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Looks good. Much better than the silver.

Could I ask how the finish compares to the door sill covers? Was considering painting my sill covers in plastidip to cover up some scratches, but wanted to see if the finish was similar first...

Cheers
Ben

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey mate,

Any chance you could post a close up pic if sill covers against the new dip on the doors? Interested to see if fhe finish is similar.

Cheers
Ben

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I'm planning on plastidipping the side interior. Specifically, the aluminum area under the door sill and above the carpet. I scratched it taking a seat out and there's really no way to repair that. Was going to cover it in black vinyl, but plasti will do the trick. Easier to apply and 100% reversible.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
The way the light hits your photo it looks like you intentionally left an unpainted swoosh in that indented area and that looks like it would be a nice custom look too. Keep in mind that using masking tape on PlastiDip requires that you remove the tape before the paint sets up too dry.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Panels holding up just fine. Kicked it couple times getting in and out of the car.... Not a single scratch! I will post up the sills tomorrow morning when it's bright outside.

Another thing that I was experimenting with plastidip was this:

The vents

Got bored and had a bunch of leftovers so I decided to spray the side vents to see what it was like. I took it off shortly after. No reason at all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts