The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My $400 foldable fishing boat... aka "Portabote". I spent a lot of time rebuilding this thing to get it ready for the lake.

Out on the water:

My Corgi not looking too amused with the flimsy fishing boat:

My new to me Maxum 1800 SR3. Just purchased with my Dad and Brother in law :nanner:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
Not pretty, but it's paid for !:D

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Here's mine.

2004 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck. Great all around lake boat.

Honestly, I may have put 15 hours on it last summer tops. We have a lake home and just don't use the house or the boat enough with 3 kids and all the activities. The house is on the market and debating if I keep the boat or not. My dad lives on the Chain of Lakes (north of Chicago) - about an hour from me - so I can keep it at his house (he has a 3 space pier), but the Chain is mecca for rednecks!

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Those fold-a-boats are actually pretty decent. I can't take pictures at this time due to mobility issues but we have a 2855 cruiser on San Francisco bay and a 23 foot cuddy on the rv pad. For 2.5 years we spent every second of spare time on the water including being elected director of the yacht club. I suppose in about a few weeks I will be spending a lot of time on the boat recovering. I will post pics when I can get around.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I have a yacht that blew up a couple of weeks before a Porsche hit my Lotus.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

:)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
portable boat? does it fold up?

my little 16' Donzi with a 305 V8 :evil:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here are my water toys! Hobie 16 catamaran and a couple of kayaks. Hobie Cats are the same exact design philosophy as Lotus. Superior performance through light weight. My catamaran can run circles around monohulls. Not many creature comforts but its tons of fun on the water and the thing 'corners like its on rails'. :evil:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
1981 Formula Thunderbird V8.

i was 19 when i bought it - i named it, after weeks of constant thought,

"Full Penetration"

:coolnana:

Made for great commentary from those on shore.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts