The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love this forum! As a car enthusiast, and not just Lotus, I have joined many forums and all have been helpful. But this forum stands out over others; a fantastic group that quickly and proactively helps others. I thank all who have helped me in past posts.

I enjoy looking at images of others cars to see what tweaks they have done to give me ideas for mine. While I have shared a few of my upgrades in earlier posts, I am now posting a photo montage to well, brag a bit (OK maybe a lot:D) hoping it may give others ideas for their Esprit.

Most important to me is not to do irreversibly damage to my mint and stock, S4s with intrusive upgrades that cannot be switched back. Here is a list of the cosmetic enhancements done to my S4s:

-Extremely high quality S4s decals on the body panels, custom artwork done by me and printed in Japan on a unique printer (I am in the imaging industry).

-13” RAID airbag steering wheel, the RAID logo replaced with a Lotus logo

-S4Sport door sills (custom made in Croatia, company office in UK)
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/door-sills-custom-made-189641/

-S4s floor mats (custom made in Holland, company HO in UK)
Automobilia | More than just parts…
[email protected]

-Replaced headliner with Alcantara ultra-suede due to minor irreparable marks, a company in UK sent me many samples of dark gray/light black so I could pick one that matched the car's interior gray perfectly

-Heads Up Display for tach & speed in KPH (I'n in Vancouver, Canada)
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/heads-up-display-hud-esprit-142025/

-Keyless entry, followed instructions as posted in this forum but can't find the post now to provide the link?

-New radio with Blutooth for my phone, remote mic and USB/ iPod port

-Hard wired in a battery trickle charger with auto-cutoff, plugs in to an AC outlet when the car will not be used for a while. I leave the hatch open as a reminder to ensure I unplug it before driving off :facepalm

-High end, built in hidden radar detector with front and rear hidden behind bumper sensors

For those with black cars, you know what it is like to get swirl marks and have white residue within chips. I use Turtle Wax 2-stage BLACK car wax; no swirl marks and chips can barely be seen at 1 meter viewing distance. Very easy on/off and best finish I have every had on a black car and I have 3 of them currently as well as owning at least one black car at all times for over 30-years.
Black Car Care
:UK:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
dig the HUD! Details!

·
Banned
938 Posts
Nice....and not ovedone.
Nice looking car as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice additions to the S4s.

Love the S4s floor mats....I need them!!!

Dom

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dom/Yellow Hornet, if you want the S4s mats, they were custom made and may not be on their site. Email Wil directly at [email protected]
mention Ron from Canada to ensure you get the same ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts